Live Ed Vs. Enki for kindy or grade 1 - Mothering Forums
Learning at Home and Beyond > Live Ed Vs. Enki for kindy or grade 1
LuxPerpetua 11:08 PM 08-05-2010
Any Waldorf-inspired mamas out there who've looked at both of these programs? I'm wondering 2 things: 1) Is there any point in doing either of these for kindy (both are really pricey, so I'm wondering if at this age they'd be worth the $$$ or if I should do something on my own)? and 2) Which of these do you prefer? Originally, I was leaning toward Enki for kindy-2nd and then on to Live Ed, but now that I've looked over the Live Ed site again, I'm kind of leaning toward it for grade 1. Can anyone help me out?

(We're already a Waldorf family and are very familiar with the ins and outs of Waldorf, so what I'm not looking for is paying a lot of $ for information that I already know about, like nature tables, toy selections, rhythm, etc.)

Annikate's Avatar Annikate 04:46 PM 08-09-2010
I have not used Live Ed but I do use Enki.

What you'll get for the price (for Kindy) - aside from the waldorf-ish things you already know like cycles and rhythms - is the sensory and neurological integration stuff. The movement verses, songs, and games, etc...

To us, that was invaluable - esp. for my eldest. It has made a HUGE difference for her. And a big part of why I LOVE Enki so much.

I use a combo of Christopherus and Enki for 1st and I just keep coming back to the fact that Enki provides a depth that the rest of them can't come close to.

Hope that helps a little.

Live Ed does look intriguing though . . .
Up