And We're Off! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-03-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today I had the kids come with me and "help" me reorganize the schoolroom and hang out and play in there with me while I looked through all my stuff and got things ready to go for real on Monday. We needed some transition time in getting used to being in there, as it is a basement room that we don't use a whole lot outside of school. We are pretty relaxed homeschoolers, but we have a fantastic school space, so we try to get down there 3-4 mornings per week and I have a few things I work on with them.

Anyway--it was so fun in there today--so much excitement and promise of the year that I wish I could bottle this energy and goodwill and draw off of it in January or February. Heck--maybe even by the end of next week! It reminds me of buying my books for my college classes; I tent to idealize the semester and get all giggly and girly about what fun we'll have.

I hope all of you who are starting up school right now are having a similarly giggly time with your littles!

Stacy-- Wife to my DH, mom to three: noodle girl:, Lego boy , little guy :
#2 of 2 Old 09-03-2010, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We started off the same way! Our "classroom" is in the finished basement and we didn't use it much all summer other than to dump all the new stuff I found at yard sales and booksales.

I spent a few days organizing, and DD sat on the floor and played with everything. I think it made it easier to get started with a little more seatwork and stuctured activities.

Today we spent 4 hours in "class". I had the same thought about the winter months! I hope someone will remind me then how excited we were now!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page