Anyone know... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-05-2010, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
where I can find a list of skills for the end of each grade. I remember somewhere coming across a very comprehensive list of learned skills for each grade....I have no idea what the name of the site was but thought maybe someone might have suggestions. Thanks!

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
#2 of 6 Old 09-05-2010, 12:57 PM

I'm interested to see that too. I've just been using "What your 2nd/3rd Grader Should Know" as my reference guide. I also have another book that has all the grades in one - Home Learning Year By Year I believe it's called (by Rupp?)
#3 of 6 Old 09-05-2010, 01:46 PM

http://www.worldbook.com/typical_course_of_study.html

Is this what you are looking for?
#4 of 6 Old 09-05-2010, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglebutter View Post
Thank-you! Not the exact one but looks great for what I need

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
#5 of 6 Old 09-05-2010, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
http://www.fun-books.com/books/livin...ing_guides.htm

These guides are put together by Nancy Plent, founder of the Unschoolers Network in New Jersey and a long-time homeschooler. She reviewed the scope and sequence charts and curriculum guides of dozens of schools in various states, then combined the highest standards of elements from each to create these guides. Why purchase these curriculum guides? 1) They may help you to fulfill your state's legal requirement to provide an educational plan 2) They allow you to see some of the highest standards for schools at various grade levels, just in case you are curious about what the schools expect or are anxious about what you are doing 3) They provide record-keeping space that can help organize a portfolio.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#6 of 6 Old 09-06-2010, 01:22 AM

I like Home Learning Year by Year by Rebecca Rupp.

http://www.amazon.com/Home-Learning-.../dp/0609805851

If you don't want to buy it I did check it out from the Library before I ended up purchasing it

Not all those who wander are lost 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page