Would you keep a set of 1968 Encyclopedia Britannicas? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-30-2010, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulfaith View Post
Disclaimer: I'm not a "real" homeschooler. My ds entered kindy this year at a small school (62 kids, K-12), but we have always done an enormous amount of learning at home to this point and that is what this post is about.

So, I was given a set of 1968 Encyclopedia Britannicas.

They're a bit outdated, but it is a complete set and it is the E.B.

The people who gave them to us said "We know you do a lot at home, and these will help your kids learn to "look things up", so here you go."

I'm not sure if I want to keep them until the kids are of age to independently look stuff up and all, but I can't decide if I will regret it if I get rid of them.

Do you find that outdated resources like this are still usable to you in hs'ing, or am I wasting energy and space?

Thanks!
YES __ I'd keep them HS or not --

I HEART old books.

I got special recogization in high school in 1990 for doing a paper on -- not child care -- but the difference in the "expert" voice in childcare -- i compared my mom's 1964 text books and a set of 1950's reference books at my grandparent's with "current" stuff --

they are HISTORY themselves, yes keep them

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2010, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would keep them, if I lived in a bigger house than we did now. I think they would be a great resource in terms of seeing how society's ideas have changed throughout the decades. And in another 20 years, just think how much fun they will be to read.

Bookworm mom to three wonderful children. homeschool.gif

User Tag List