Why I can't make mommy friends, the homeschool version (HILARIOUS) - Mothering Forums
Learning at Home and Beyond > Why I can't make mommy friends, the homeschool version (HILARIOUS)
tammyw's Avatar tammyw 12:05 AM 11-08-2010
I saw this posted on another homeschool board. I laughed aloud the entire time. So funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSpFI...layer_embedded

treeoflife3's Avatar treeoflife3 12:22 AM 11-08-2010
tammyw's Avatar tammyw 01:01 AM 11-08-2010
Thanks for that additional link. I looooove it. I wish I had the guts to post on facebook
LuxPerpetua 02:00 AM 11-08-2010
Loved both of those! Thanks for posting!
AAK's Avatar AAK 01:49 PM 11-08-2010
Today must be the day for laughter. I saw this earlier today and had to share:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN4o3OxFzqA
philomom's Avatar philomom 02:01 PM 11-08-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK View Post
That one is funny but I was upset by the "look at what their missing" with the reference to drugs. As someone who has homeschooled but does now public school.. I have to say .. no one at school has ever offered my kids drugs.
AAK's Avatar AAK 04:26 AM 11-09-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post
That one is funny but I was upset by the "look at what their missing" with the reference to drugs. As someone who has homeschooled but does now public school.. I have to say .. no one at school has ever offered my kids drugs.
My kids were never offered drugs either. I never was, even though I knew who the kids were that did them. However, I did like that with the "look at what they're missing" person that she turned around and had peer pressure on her back. My kids def. faced that daily -- much more so than they do with hs. Peer pressure is part of life though. . . Oh well, most funny stuff isn't perfect--I actually don't "test" my kids either. However, I have lived in places where I would be worried about drugs at the ps.

Amy
elizawill's Avatar elizawill 11:26 AM 11-09-2010
too funny!!!!! i loved them all!! made my morning!!!!
sapphire_chan's Avatar sapphire_chan 11:42 AM 11-09-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post
Are you sure? I certainly never had anyone really push anything on me, such that I'd mention it to my parents, but I did have a classmate in high school ask very casually once a week or so if I would like some of this or that drug.
marimara's Avatar marimara 05:52 AM 11-10-2010

so funny

Jennifer3141's Avatar Jennifer3141 08:26 AM 11-10-2010

Awesome!

Jen

sofysmommy's Avatar sofysmommy 08:27 AM 11-10-2010

I am glad that it's never happened to you and it probably never will, but it happens a lot. I knew a man who was the janitor of a high school and a drug dealer at the same school greensad.gif and  I know of others.Stories told to my dh by his teenage son and so on very sad. Funny videos though smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK View Post

Lisa1970's Avatar Lisa1970 10:01 PM 11-10-2010

I love it.

I want to add that at my children's schools, the high school and middle school, drugs were in the classroom, being done even when the teacher was present. They just turned their backs to it.

Lisa1970's Avatar Lisa1970 11:15 PM 11-10-2010

I need to add also, many of the parents around here think their children are not exposed to the drugs at school. But there has been an occassion where the discussion has come up and the teen was standing near the parent while the parent tries to tell me their child has never been exposed to the drugs or had these issues, and the teen will speak up and say "actually mom....." 

Unless you straight forward ask your child if they have ever seen anyone using drugs at school, and make it clear that you are not going to tell on them (they might be afraid you will report it and the other kids will know it came from them), then your child probably won't offer up the information about what is going on.

JavaFinch's Avatar JavaFinch 09:38 AM 11-11-2010

Kind of funny.  I think often these 'xtra-normal' videos go overboard.  The one where the mom kept asking about socialization was funny for the first maybe 3 times she asked it, but to focus on it the ENTIRE video was counter-productive, I think.  Also the one with the 'dad' where he says the things he's 'protecting' his child from in school along with mentioning church - just kind of furthers the stereotype that only religious people homeschool to try to shield their kids from the Evil World. 

There are some 'mommy war' ones that really bug me, because they can make it seem like if you believe breast is best or you believe that rear facing carseats as long as possible is best, you're a judgmental bitch - unless you believe everything is equal, you're holier than thou.  I just don't like how black/white these videos tend to be.

Now SOME of them are really funny, not denying that.  There is one with a nurse/patient in the ER that was right on as far as what nurses often deal with in ER's and also one about law school.  I think these videos are a way for people to 'vent' their frustrations.  Just, like in the case of the homeschool one with the dad, if you go too far, it stops being funny and starts making the protagonist look bad.

JMO smile.gif

Up