Why I can't make mommy friends, the homeschool version (HILARIOUS) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 11-07-2010, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw this posted on another homeschool board. I laughed aloud the entire time. So funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSpFI...layer_embedded
#2 of 15 Old 11-07-2010, 11:22 PM

check this one out too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjOXT_KSFhA
onyxravnos likes this.
#3 of 15 Old 11-08-2010, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for that additional link. I looooove it. I wish I had the guts to post on facebook
#4 of 15 Old 11-08-2010, 01:00 AM

Loved both of those! Thanks for posting!

Allison:  a little bit Waldorf, a little bit Medievalish, and always"MOMMMMYYYY!" to sweet Cecily since 12.22.05
#5 of 15 Old 11-08-2010, 12:49 PM
AAK

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Today must be the day for laughter. I saw this earlier today and had to share:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN4o3OxFzqA

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#6 of 15 Old 11-08-2010, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK View Post
That one is funny but I was upset by the "look at what their missing" with the reference to drugs. As someone who has homeschooled but does now public school.. I have to say .. no one at school has ever offered my kids drugs.
#7 of 15 Old 11-09-2010, 03:26 AM
AAK

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post
That one is funny but I was upset by the "look at what their missing" with the reference to drugs. As someone who has homeschooled but does now public school.. I have to say .. no one at school has ever offered my kids drugs.
My kids were never offered drugs either. I never was, even though I knew who the kids were that did them. However, I did like that with the "look at what they're missing" person that she turned around and had peer pressure on her back. My kids def. faced that daily -- much more so than they do with hs. Peer pressure is part of life though. . . Oh well, most funny stuff isn't perfect--I actually don't "test" my kids either. However, I have lived in places where I would be worried about drugs at the ps.

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#8 of 15 Old 11-09-2010, 10:26 AM

too funny!!!!! i loved them all!! made my morning!!!!

homeschooling mama to DD 10 & DS 7 blogging.jpg

#9 of 15 Old 11-09-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post
Are you sure? I certainly never had anyone really push anything on me, such that I'd mention it to my parents, but I did have a classmate in high school ask very casually once a week or so if I would like some of this or that drug.
#10 of 15 Old 11-10-2010, 04:52 AM

so funny

Living Simply and Enjoying Life
#11 of 15 Old 11-10-2010, 07:26 AM

Awesome!

Jen

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#12 of 15 Old 11-10-2010, 07:27 AM

I am glad that it's never happened to you and it probably never will, but it happens a lot. I knew a man who was the janitor of a high school and a drug dealer at the same school greensad.gif and  I know of others.Stories told to my dh by his teenage son and so on very sad. Funny videos though smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK View Post

#13 of 15 Old 11-10-2010, 09:01 PM

I love it.

I want to add that at my children's schools, the high school and middle school, drugs were in the classroom, being done even when the teacher was present. They just turned their backs to it.

#14 of 15 Old 11-10-2010, 10:15 PM

I need to add also, many of the parents around here think their children are not exposed to the drugs at school. But there has been an occassion where the discussion has come up and the teen was standing near the parent while the parent tries to tell me their child has never been exposed to the drugs or had these issues, and the teen will speak up and say "actually mom....." 

Unless you straight forward ask your child if they have ever seen anyone using drugs at school, and make it clear that you are not going to tell on them (they might be afraid you will report it and the other kids will know it came from them), then your child probably won't offer up the information about what is going on.

#15 of 15 Old 11-11-2010, 08:38 AM

Kind of funny.  I think often these 'xtra-normal' videos go overboard.  The one where the mom kept asking about socialization was funny for the first maybe 3 times she asked it, but to focus on it the ENTIRE video was counter-productive, I think.  Also the one with the 'dad' where he says the things he's 'protecting' his child from in school along with mentioning church - just kind of furthers the stereotype that only religious people homeschool to try to shield their kids from the Evil World. 

There are some 'mommy war' ones that really bug me, because they can make it seem like if you believe breast is best or you believe that rear facing carseats as long as possible is best, you're a judgmental bitch - unless you believe everything is equal, you're holier than thou.  I just don't like how black/white these videos tend to be.

Now SOME of them are really funny, not denying that.  There is one with a nurse/patient in the ER that was right on as far as what nurses often deal with in ER's and also one about law school.  I think these videos are a way for people to 'vent' their frustrations.  Just, like in the case of the homeschool one with the dad, if you go too far, it stops being funny and starts making the protagonist look bad.

JMO smile.gif

sofysmommy likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page