Winter/Summer Pre-Homeschooling Chat - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2011, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Are there two pre-Homeschooling chats out there? How did I miss 5 pages??

I'm in the middle of trying to organize a schedule to actually have some structured homeschool time with my 4 y.o. DS. In the middle of doing an online Montessori course which has been very motivating to get organized!

kathyhola.gif : , proud mama to seansuperhero.gif (12/06) and wife to zane reading.gif : cat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 03:23 PM

missing you all -- let's post more :)

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 03-20-2011, 05:25 PM

One more day of winter!!! It's already spring like here and we've been outside a lot lately, starting the garden and talking walks around town. Ds has also gotten very interested in architecture lately so we've been looking at lots of architecture books (we go to the adult section of the library and find books photos and plans) and making a lot of our own. This has led to a lot of discussions about scale and other architectural conventions (like why it make sense to put a bathroom right upstairs from the kitchen (plumbing)). It's also led to collages and watercolor paintings.

It's crazy that it isn't even officially spring but we're signed up for an open house for a local homeschool program for next year. It's a one day a week school program with other homeschooling kids. I'm afraid that we're going to be a lot more relaxed/liberal than most of the other families but it's free and gives him the social time he craves.

Anyone else starting to think about Kindergarten around here?

Mama, writer, partner, wanderer. Living life with my ds (7/06), married to my best friend and nemesis .
Old 03-21-2011, 01:37 AM

New thread started for the change in season.  :)

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1304149/spring-autumn-pre-homeschool-chat#post_16335201

Co-creator, Joyful Wife, and Grateful Mama to angel3.gifenergy.gifand sleepytime.gif

User Tag List