Mothering Forum banner

What websites does your 4-8yo like?

753 views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Reha 
#1 ·
My 6yo son has liked pbskids.org for a long time... but I suspect there are some others out there that we don't know about. We tried the free trial of pbskids Play! and he really liked it, but I didn't want to pay a subscription. What do your kids like?

#4 ·
Hi op, how's it going? (The last time I tried to pm you, your mailbox was full.)

My guy likes youtube. He watches a lot of How It's Made type videos as well as Betty Crocker. He goes to starfall.com as a default when I won't let him have more screen time (typically he only gets screen time during his sister's nap but I'll let him watch starfall beyond that.)

I don't want him doing too much more online at this point. However, in another year or two I plan on trying out www.cosmeo.com. It's $10 a month, but from the time I spent looking over their site I think it could be well worth it.

#11 ·
Starfall is fun. He's getting into Timez Attack which is a free download (impressive graphics and tracks progress!) for learning multiplication. Another favorite is shepphardsoftware.com. He is a little bit obsessed with maps, and this website is what triggered that love for geography. After 3 years, he still absolutely adores anything map-related.

#12 ·
Has anyone tried the paid membership for starfall? Is it worth it. It is only $35 for the year and the free ones you can get to my son likes...What do you think?

#13 ·
My son loves Zoodles. It's an add on for Firefox, but I'm pretty sure you can get it for other browsers. I like it too because even the free version tells me which sites he's really enjoying and what areas he's focusing on. Right now (3 yo, 1 mo) he is focusing on his ABC's by himself. He loves starfall, which he accesses through Zoodles. If he tries to go outside the browser, it won't let him. I like it, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.