Mothering Forum banner

For the folks on my Valentine list...

2K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  slvsquared 
#1 ·
We're on the group 2 Valentine's list. I just wanted to let those on our list know that our Valentine's will be on the way, but since we're sending from Canada and only just getting them out now, there's a chance they won't arrive by the 14th. A good chance that they will -- but just in case, I wanted to let you know they ARE on the way.

Also, my daughter is making cute little card-pouch things... there are stickers *inside* for the kids to have, just make sure you open up the top and look inside. I think it's easy to miss the fact that there's actually stuff inside them, so again I just wanted everyone to know. :) So if you get a card from Caileigh in Canada, don't miss the stickers inside. :)

#2 ·
I haven't been following since we signed up
Sheepish.gif
But we're on list 1, and our valentines will be mailed tomorrow! Hope they all arrive in time!

#5 ·
Just curious if anyone else from list 1 has mailed anything yet? We've only got 1 so far (probably from Jennifer3141 hehe) and my son is chomping at the bit to start getting more!!
lol.gif

#6 ·
Im on list 2 and mailed our way early ( end of january) and recieved 6-7 envelopes for DS. The OCD person in me has kept a print out and crosses them off as they arrive. I will shred the list once they all come in, or the end of February. DS is having a blast with this and I have no idea what the UVA was... hummm

#8 ·
The mailbox is going to be full this week!!

We are almost done with list 3. They'll all be flying out tomorrow.

Thanks for all the work, mamas. The kids are going to have a blast. We've got two envelopes in their little homemade mailboxes right now and it's killing my kids. One of the envelopes has a mysterious bulge. The other envelope, my DD SWEARS must be the princess fairy Valentine she loves because the "enbelopelooksjustthesame!"

It makes me laugh that they are as excited for V-Day as they were for Xmas.

How are you distributing the cards?

I'm going to make them each a Hershey's kiss trail out to their mailboxes and I've little baskets of goodies from Mom and Dad made up. All the Valentines that are rolling in go inside their little foam mailboxes. And then we're hosting the Valentine party for our little group of homeschool friends.

A little over a week away!! :)

#13 ·
To tell the truth, the idea of withholding their cards until Valentine's day had never even occurred to me! I think we prefer the idea of spreading out the joy as they trickle in a few at a time... there's the excitement of checking the mail every day, and then it gives us the chance to really enjoy and appreciate each card, rather than an individual creation just being lost in a mass of two dozen cards.

But now it's given me the idea of having her do a craft to make a container for them, to keep them after she's opened the envelopes. I think she'd LOVE this, and otherwise they're just going to get scattered through the house. My older son might not be interested in the idea, but I'll give him the option too if he wants it. :)

#14 ·
Heather in CAN, we're on list 2 too and are putting ours in the mail tomorrow (Tue) so they might not reach you by the 14th either. But then you can spread the love around a bit longer... [that's my story and i'm sticking to it
bag.gif
]

The snow must be getting to everyone.
lol.gif

#15 ·
I've gotten so many Valentines from list three but NOTHING from list one and ours went out weeks ago. I'm wondering if list one is just totally inactive. :(

Still got time though so maybe Saturday will just be a flood? lol

Jen

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 View Post

I've gotten so many Valentines from list three but NOTHING from list one and ours went out weeks ago. I'm wondering if list one is just totally inactive. :(

Still got time though so maybe Saturday will just be a flood? lol

Jen
I think I am list one and most of ours went out on Monday. A couple stragglers went yesterday. So, I would expect you to get ours tomorrow at the latest. My kids did separate envelopes for everyone so you should get three in the mail per registered child from us.

Amy

#20 ·
Hello, all... we are on list 1, and received your awesome valentines and letter, Jenn-- they are up on our fridge, and i loved hearing about your life... thanks for taking the time to share and stuff the envelopes with goodies. I apologize for taking so long to get ours out. We finally made them, and will get them to the PO today. I didn't allow for enough time to get them all there my Vday-- so sorry, everyone! So glad to be part of this exchange ;)

#23 ·
Eeeek! Has anyone on list one gotten a valentine from Maine?!?!

The post office sent me a card saying they have 2 items there for not enough postage... all of the cards are the same, so I'm not sure why they only have 2... or if I should anticipate the letting me know they are all on hold soon :(

So sorry if there is a delay in getting ours!! :(

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion View Post

Eeeek! Has anyone on list one gotten a valentine from Maine?!?!

The post office sent me a card saying they have 2 items there for not enough postage... all of the cards are the same, so I'm not sure why they only have 2... or if I should anticipate the letting me know they are all on hold soon :(

So sorry if there is a delay in getting ours!! :(
I wish I could help you out. But, wanted to tell you not to worry about it. While we looked up (on the map) where we were sending/receiving valentines. . . we did this when they went out. I didn't want to be checking off a list as things came in. After all, things happen! One of mine came back because it was missing a stamp. I thought I double checked them all. The kids enjoyed opening all the valentines, and if they missed one--well, then they missed one. Please don't stress.

amy

#25 ·
Best day yet! They've been trickling in a few at a time for the past week. Sometimes, oddly enough, there will be an envelope for my son without the corresponding envelope for my daughter, or vice versa -- interesting how they get split up en route. Sometimes there were several days in between, in fact.

But today, there were *5* envelopes for *each* kid. Our mailbox was stuffed full! My daughter's eyes just lit up and her face shone. She doesn't care a whit that Valentine's Day was 2 days ago now (and I had warned them ahead of time that we'd likely be getting cards well past the actual day because of mailing from US to Canada), it's just extending the joy for her. :)

My son's happy too, don't get me wrong, but he's getting into the pre-teen 'stoic' phase. Plus, he's at band practice right now and hasn't seen today's haul yet. ;)

#26 ·
Hey List 2-ers! Just wanted to give a huge "thanks" to everyone -- they're still trickling in and the kiddos love love love them. (postal delivery in the Windy City can be erratic at times
lol.gif
)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.