Does anyone know what this is? (book+worksheets you get in the mail monthly) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-12-2011, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Someone was telling me about a homeschool thing that you can sign up for where you recieve a package once a month that contains a book, and a bunch of worksheets relating to the book/theme of the book for all subjects (math, reading, etc).  It cost around $15 a month, and I believe it was called "bright" something.  

Does anyone recognize this?  It sounded like something my ds would enjoy, and the price is right! (he loves worksheets for some reason!)

#2 of 8 Old 02-13-2011, 03:40 PM

http://www.carolscurriculum.com/ is very good and inexpensive 

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

#3 of 8 Old 02-13-2011, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxravnos View Post

http://www.carolscurriculum.com/ is very good and inexpensive 

Thats cute, but too easy for ds.   The one I'm looking for was for kids a little older, maybe kindergarden up... 

#4 of 8 Old 02-14-2011, 12:54 AM

Hi,

I think you may be talking about Brighter Vision. I received a couple shipments from them a few years back (when dd was about 3). I cancelled because it wasn't worth the $. I could have easily put the stuff together myself. It was about $20 a month with tax and a I would recieve a book on a certain subject (ex. farm animals) with an accompanying music cd, some worksheets, and stickers. I googled the company and it looks like they are no longer around.

#5 of 8 Old 02-14-2011, 11:36 AM

They stopped selling the Brighter Vision Learning Adventure series. There were several different levels from pre-K up to about 1st/2nd grade level I think.

We recently found three of the higher level ones at a discount store for 99 cents each, which was a great price. We love them.

I had some of the earlier ones too from friends/booksales/and yard sales. They were expensive to buy them new which is probably why they stopped selling them. You can find them on ebay, but I'm not sure with shipping if it's worth it either.

#6 of 8 Old 02-15-2011, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Yep, that was the one!  

It doesn't look nearly as good as it was described to me, not the quality I was picturing!   I think we will stick with the kumon stuff for when ds wants to do workbooks, he enjoys them and I think they seem pretty good.  I just need to find some more! 

#7 of 8 Old 02-22-2011, 11:34 PM

We miss Brigher Visions - I wish something like that would start back up.  We still read the books we got from them (although I didn't think the workbooks were that great).

#8 of 8 Old 02-23-2011, 12:44 AM

funshineexpress.com is really good but expensive :( maybe still to easy for a more like 5 yr old.. although a lot of fun and great quality. 

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page