I'm going to start homeschooling tomorrow - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 03-21-2011, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been researching homeschooling for a while now, and was planning on starting in the fall.  One of my twins is very energetic and wont focus in school or do homework at home if he finds it boring. I cant torture him or myself or the teachers any longer. His teacher suggested ADHD, but I know that cant be it becuase he can focus on things he finds interesting. If anything, he is hyperactive, IMO. Anyway, I am very excited that he will be able to enjoy learning again.

However, I am dreading telling his school that I am pulling them out. I just tranfered them out of public school and into private school 2 months ago. Everyone has been so nice. The environment is so warm and pleasant, everyone is respectful (unlike the public school I pulled themn out of, but thats another story). However, the level of homework and responsiblities is way too much for one of my twins. Hi twin brother is doing well, but he wants to be homeschooled too. Any suggestions for the letter that I am going to write to the principal today? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 AM

I don't have any suggestions what to say to the principal. I just wanted to wish you well on your new journey. I just pulled my daughter out of public school after attending only 5 months. This is the first time she has gone to school, but homeschooling is what we're used to and it's a good fit for our family.

K. Michelle ~ Single, working (and still homeschooling) Mama to dd (S) 8/02 and ds (A) 9/07
#3 of 5 Old 03-21-2011, 09:10 AM

You don't really have to say anything if you don't want to.  But I'd keep is short and sweet and happy. I'd use a big smile, thank them for all their hard work, express appreciation for what they have done.  Kill them with kindness.  An simply say you think this will be a better fit for your children and family.  And leave it at that.

#4 of 5 Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

Did you get re-enrollment forms? I got ours for Montessori and it has a seperate paper for those that will not re-enroll. Regardless of why I would not re-enroll I would mark the financial reason box. Leaves you open to use the school again later. So I would put that in a letter.Sure they might offer discounts,but you just say it would not work out and thank you anyway.

#5 of 5 Old 03-21-2011, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

I think I will keep it short and sweet. Thank them nicely (they were very accomodating and welcoming). I will be back soon!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page