Math Mammoth?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-02-2011, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS has been using Miquon for a few years and I LOVE it for him.  I love that it is conceptual and not a lot or repetition (which would drive him crazy)  Unfortunately it only goes for one more workbook from here so I have been looking for another program that is similar mut moves to a higher level.  I would love some feedback on MM is seems at long last like I may have found something great.TIA!

Tassy mom to DS(13), DD(8), and twin DDs (7)  homeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-02-2011, 01:32 PM
AAK

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

We've only used subject specific items from math mammoth so far, but I must say that I really like the way it is arranged and presented.  Maybe someone else can talk about the "complete curriculums".  

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#3 of 5 Old 04-03-2011, 12:10 PM

I would also like to hear about the curriculums. I recently got the multiplication workbook for my 11 yr old ds who does not do great with rote, memorizing etc;. He really likes it as he needs to understand concepts and work things out and I don't see too much repetiton either.

#4 of 5 Old 04-03-2011, 06:24 PM

We've really enjoyed grade 1 of MM.  I'm very impressed with how much DD has learned.  We plan to continue using it for 2nd grade.  We do add hands on activities and we done a couple of the Right Start games.  I never used the upper levels though.

#5 of 5 Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 PM

Math Mammoth is somewhat repetitive, but it's flexible, ime. There are game suggestions in most units, so you can augment the worktext with those. And, if your child doesn't like the repetition, cutting back to an every other question approach works wonders. Mind you, dd1 is still really math resistant, after a year with Math Mammoth, but I think that's just her personality. (She's kind of resistant to anything that she doesn't think she has mastered after the first two seconds.)

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page