Anyone use Math Tutor DVD??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-03-2011, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have any of you used these? MathtutorDVD or MathonDVD's?

I was thinking of getting mathtutorDVD, it looks really good and seems affordable too.

THis is for my sons 11 and 10. I am looking at the arithmatic, which seems to cover a lot!! And I like that it is so visual and clear.  I am not great at explaining concepts and I do not love math :( 

Currently 10 yr old is doing singapore and has great math skills, ds 11 has a more challenging time. mammoth math multiplication workbook has helped him with times tables.

I would like to hear from anyone who has used any of these DVD's. It  kinda looks like it could work for both my boys(and me!!) but I really need to hear some feedback before I buy :)

#2 of 4 Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 AM

The quick answer is Mathondvds.com videos are superior to mathtutordvds. Jason Gibsons from mathtutordvd does have teaching talent but his videos are why too short and does not cover all the material. Also, it's bad enough that his videos are short in length, but then he talks too much and actually does little math. Professor Gottlieb from mathondvds is a college math professor who has the best teaching talent I have ever seen. He knows the easiest way to solve any math problem and explains it amazingly well. On top of that his videos covers all the material that should be covered and works out hundreds of examples.

#3 of 4 Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

thanks, great info, that's what I am getting.  btw, what ages are your kids?

#4 of 4 Old 04-11-2011, 10:29 PM

Hi, My kids are 9, 12 and 16. Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page