Mothering Forum banner

The things they say...

641 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dubatatamama 
#1 ·
Has your homeschooled child ever said anything that made you so proud of your decision to homeschool or their progress in learning?

We have done a very relaxed mix of K/1st with my 6 yo son this year. The other day we were outside planting in the garden, and he was collecting all of the worms and studying them. He very excitedly said to his brothers, "I learned all about worms in Kindergarten, so I can teach you about them." Listening to him talk about his school experience in such terms made me very proud of my decisions and progress to date. He has really enjoyed learning at home, and I had not realized it until I eavesdropped on his conversation with his brothers.

#2 ·
That is so cute that he is teaching his brothers!

My DD (4) was at an outdoor nature center and they had a butterfly theme that day. DD walked over to one of the centers, picked something up and said very non-chalantly, "Oh look, a pupa!" That made me feel good about our decision to homeschool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.