Anyone use 'time4learning'? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2011, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And would you recommend it? Do you enjoy it? Does your child enjoy it? Please let me know! :)

I am not sure I can put the link - but you can google it. It seems to be an online/printable cirriculum of various 'grades'.  

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 12:43 PM

Hi there! My oldest is starting 7th grade this year and he has been using Time4Learning since he was in the 2nd grade. My youngest is about to start 2nd grade and he has been using it since Pre-K. :)

We all love it! It's a secular curriculum, which was important to me, and it's online...which works perfectly for my gadget-junky family that hates all things workbooks, lol. For the younger grades it's a lot more interactive, but my oldest hasn't complained much about the upper levels. Both of the boys have always been able to log on and work independently if they had to, which is nice because if I am taking care of something personally, or if I'm having to help one of them, they aren't stuck doing nothing while they are waiting on me.

It's a web-based program, not anything you install via download or CD. This is great because they aren't limited to one specific computer to work on. For instance, when they visit grandparents, they don't have to take a laptop with them. They can log on if needed right from their grandparents' computer. And even though it is an online program, there are resource worksheets available for specific lessons if you wanted your kiddos to work on them for reinforcement or anything.

Probably my most favorite aspect of the program is the record keeping. I am a very disorganized person. I try to set up organizing systems, but I usually fail, lol. With T4L, I can log in and print reports for what I need for their portfolios. I can print reports by subject, by activity, by date...pretty much however I am keeping their files. I don't have to worry about hanging on to worksheets for the year if I don't need to and I don't have to wonder at the end of the day (or the week, or the month, etc) how they did on what they were working on. 

Hope I helped answer your question, at least a little. I would also suggest checking out their Homeschool Forums. You can see how others use the program, what they supplement with if anything and more. :)

Best wishes!

Katie

You. Me. Us.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:50 PM

My dd is older (8th grade this year) and has been dabbling with T4L this summer to see if she liked it. She didn't hate it, but she is actually more of a paper/workbook person so she didn't really care for the online experience. We will probably just use it for sporadic supplementation.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:54 PM

We've been through prek, k and now 1st with it and we absolutely love it.  Both boys get a real kick out of it and ask to do it all of the time.  And... they are LEARNING!  Fantastic!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My older two have been doing it for a couple of months now. They both still like doing it.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 08-18-2011, 04:28 PM

My kiddos LOVE time for learning! Well worth the cost!!! They are going to public school now but when I home schooled it was a life saver!!!  It is fun and they learn so much!

Old 08-22-2011, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies!  Sounds just like what we are after and I don't think the cost is too much either!  Even if we just use it to get us through the winter months! hehe

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!

User Tag List