How to 1st grade Waldorf Homeschool while following state standards 4 charter - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 09-12-2011, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi I homeschooling through a charter, so I must teach state standards.  I really want to just use Enki or Christopherus curriculum and waldorf homeschool, but that isn't going to stand alone as far as those standards are I believe.  They aren't too keen on Oak Meadow, which I suggested at first because I thought that would qualify as state standards.

Any suggestions? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-13-2011, 05:58 AM

What state are you in? Do you HAVE to hs only through a charter?

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcrochetsmilie.gifblahblah.gifenergy.gifgoorganic.jpggd.gifteapot2.GIFbftoddler.giffamilybed2.gif

#3 of 7 Old 09-13-2011, 09:10 AM

Are you in California using charter because they pay for your curricula?  Or are you in a state that requires charting hours?  I think that in first grade Enki is very up to speed, even ahead in math because they cover all four processes in math.  I would call and talk to Beth at Enki.  I am sure that she has gone through this with others and could help you through this.  I think that it would be a lot of work to put together Christopherus if you had to present something that goes along State standards.

#4 of 7 Old 09-13-2011, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

No, I dont have to, but it helps me pay for classes that dd takes. So i want to use curriculum tthat makes me happy, yet also teach the standard. I was planning on using christopherus, but in 1st grade that isnt going to make ca state standsrdds happy i imagine. Wonder if enki would be close?
#5 of 7 Old 09-13-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going through the charter to get money for classes/activities.  Oh cool, Enki is up to speed?

#6 of 7 Old 09-14-2011, 05:26 AM

I would join the Enki experience yahoo group and then do the pre purchase call with Amy.  She may be able to answer your questions and if not you can talk to Beth Sutton the Director.  

Best of luck finding a good fit! 

#7 of 7 Old 09-19-2011, 08:46 PM

Oak Meadow does meet CA Standers and I know two different charter schools in Souther California where they are an approved vendor.  They were even suggested to me when I told me ES I had no interest in any program that utilized worksheets for my Kindergarten age child.

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page