color printing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-21-2011, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hey guys

My printer decided to stop printing in color (lexmark pro901).  LOVE it for copying/printing black and white because ink cartriges are only 5.00 and i print a LOT.

I have a ton of color stuff that I'm waiting to print because I don't know what to do...and color ink is soooo expensive.  Anyone have any good suggestions?  Do you send yours out somewhere for printing, or use your own printer? And, has anyone found a decent printer with cheap color ink?

thanks!! :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2011, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I don't print in color.  I have a laser printer that's a 4in1 (copier, scanner, printer and fax).  I got a deal at Staples - bring in an old printer, get a $50 credit, I had some staples rewards and the thing was on sale.  It ended up costing me like $70 instead of $250.00.  Toner is about $70 but it lasts over a year.  The brand name of my printer is 'Brother' and I can use 'staples' brand toner.   And I print complete workbooks for DS classes.  Plus I print a large amount of coupons every week.

What are you printing in color?

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Old 10-25-2011, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I want to print some animal cards for classification to follow along our states studies... and i want to do progressive phonics (they're books like the bob books, but more interesting because i read the black words and they read the red words...i know we could do that on the computer, but i like paper books...  esp since it will be used times 4 ;))  I don't print in color often, but there are a few things I'd like it for (not photos -- those i have printed).  But, mostly things that I want school-wise that aren't nice enough to send out to be done... 

I've been reading about a brother printer - the 430w that's an all in one, and is supposed to have cheap ink...  its on sale this week...  glad to know you like your brother! :)

Old 10-25-2011, 12:44 PM

Location: In the middle of nowhere, at the centre of everything.
Quoted: 101 Post(s)

Another B&W laser printer person here. Definitely the more affordable way to go. On the very rare occasions that I need something printed in colour I put it on a memory stick and take it to our local copy place and get it done there for a coupla bucks for a few pages.

Miranda

Mountain mama to two great kids and two great grown-ups

User Tag List