NAMC's Montessori Homeschool program for 3-6 years? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-05-2011, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone tried this? It's $499 so I'd like some real mama reviews of this program before I consider buying it. Also, it'd be nice to have an idea of your child(ren)'s temperment and how you think that helped/hindered the use of this program. My guy is keen to do books/crafts and other hands on stuff, so I think this might be a good fit, but it'd be nice to have some real life opinions.

I'm also wondering if this program is able to be passed down to younger siblings of which my 3yr old will have 2, so I may be able to get lots of use out of it if this is the case.

Thanks!

#2 of 6 Old 12-07-2011, 06:05 AM

Lots of the Montessori manuals are available for free online, there are lots of inexpensive books on incorporating Montessori into the home, there are lots of blogs about Montessori homeschooling... So, I'm sure it's a good program but I wouldn't spend $500 on it.  Unless you're also planning on becoming a licensed Montessori teacher and taking in other neighbourhood students!

Heather, mom to Caileigh 12/06 and aspie ADHD prodigy David 05/98 :intact lact
#3 of 6 Old 12-07-2011, 06:11 AM

http://faculty.fullerton.edu/syen/mts/_link.htm -- free 3-6 Montessori albums here, for instance.

Heather, mom to Caileigh 12/06 and aspie ADHD prodigy David 05/98 :intact lact
#4 of 6 Old 12-09-2011, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for that information. I should at least check out what is available for free before making any commitments. They do say on their site though, that this kit has done all the research and planning for us plus included some supplies, though we have to make a lot of them ourselves. I am a super busy mom of soon to be 4 kids and the fact that it's all put together for me IS a bonus... but like you said, I'm not sure it's worth the $500 (however, I can use it for 3 years for 3 children making it worth much more...)

#5 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 08:11 AM

Did you end up getting this? I'm seriously considering it for my kids. Do you like it if you did get it? Thanks in advance.

"E" reggo :yoga wash.gif :clothes and if I have time knit.gif peas in a pod with overworked DP "E" Cosleeping, Extended breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering(a bit obsessed), babywearing, SAHM to DD wl 9/09 and expecting homebirth in 4/12 joy.gif
#6 of 6 Old 08-18-2012, 10:19 PM

Does anyone have a review to give on this product?

Julia, mama to Bumpa 2008, and The Mole 2011

Tags
Education , Homeschooling , Learning Resources

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page