Another Rosetta Stone question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-16-2011, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I purchased Rosetta Stone this year on Black Friday for my kiddos. I've not opened or installed it though because I have more than one who will be using it and I'm wondering if the homeschool version would be better. It's more expensive though.

I have version 4 (total3). 

From searching the archives it sounds like the main difference between the personal version and homeschool is the progress reports? Are there any other substantial differences that would be worth paying more?

I'm a single mom of many young ones so budget isn't very huge at all and this was for us a major purchase already. But, it's important to me that the kiddos learn some of the language now while they're young and can absorb it more easily.

Thanks!

#2 of 5 Old 12-16-2011, 03:44 PM

You'll be fine with the version you have.  I don't think it's worth it to go and re-purchase the homeschool version at all. 

If you guys don't end up loving it though, I always had way better luck with Pimsleur language learning than I did Rosetta Stone.  But for little kids, Rosetta Stone may be more fun.  Good luck and I hope they really like it. :)

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#3 of 5 Old 12-16-2011, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I have both younger and older but still lower elementary and preschool ages. I'm not sure how the youngest will do but I'm hoping that one will both grow into it and learn while watching siblings do it. My younger ones all like to "help" the older ones which is very funny because they're usually right. :D

#4 of 5 Old 12-27-2011, 03:55 AM

I agree, any version should work.

We really love it.

#5 of 5 Old 12-27-2011, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I just got my 11 yr old French homeschool 1-5.  I was going to start to install the program tonight.  Homeschool and regular was the same price where I purchased it so... I went with HS.  He is the kinda kid who is starting to need some type of tracking and limits so I'm hoping the HS version can provide that.

I;m also hoping those progress reports will be useful in creating a transcript of sorts in the coming years.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Tags
Education , Homeschooling , Learning Resources

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page