Homeschooling - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-03-2012, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I want to take my daughter out of public school and do homeschooling with her. I took her out halfway through first grade because at the time she was having ear problems. It was difficult for her then. But now that she is older and in 4th grade, I want to take her out again. I think she will benefit from the one on one and learn at a quicker pace. She is doing really well in school now, she made it on the honor roll last quarter. She is having some issues with people in her class. The bullying is really hard for her. She is really doing well with dealing with it, but its hard on the days she comes home crying because the kids were being mean to her. I just want some feedback from other mothers. What do you think??? Thanks 

#2 of 6 Old 01-04-2012, 06:16 AM

If you both think you are willing and up to the task then go ahead and best of luck to you! I would make sure first though to get to know the NY homeschooling laws and make sure you're ok with them, NY is not a easy state to homeschool in unfortunately.

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcrochetsmilie.gifblahblah.gifenergy.gifgoorganic.jpggd.gifteapot2.GIFbftoddler.giffamilybed2.gif

#3 of 6 Old 01-04-2012, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I've home schooled her before. In first grade. I just need time to prepare to do it again. Get things in order. I may leave her in for the remainder of this year and start fresh with her for Fifth grade. I'm just not sure yet. :)

#4 of 6 Old 06-02-2012, 04:30 AM

What's difficult about NY? We homeschool in PA and are thinking of moving to NY, so I need to research this anyway.
#5 of 6 Old 06-02-2012, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

What does she think?

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#6 of 6 Old 06-02-2012, 07:56 AM

I think it's awesome you're willing and able to offer her an alternative- bullying and mean kids can be so draining and can really effect a child's self esteem and education.

I really think you should pull her out now and go for it!

Tags
Education , Homeschooling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page