Anyone Homeschooling in New Zealand? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We're considering moving to New Zealand. Don't know if it'll happen. My biggest concern is finding a good homeschooling group.

Can anyone suggest a good NZ group? (So my husband can look for jobs in the area.)

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-12-2012, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

There are support groups all over New Zealand. In the larger cities the support groups are more formal:

Here are some links:

http://hef.org.nz/2011/needing-help-for-your-home-schooling-journey-2/

and

http://www.nchenz.org.nz/networking-across-the-nation/

#3 of 7 Old 01-12-2012, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you. Do you have any advice on homeschooling in NZ?

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#4 of 7 Old 01-18-2012, 07:42 PM

Keep us posted if you go!  We hope to do a long vacation there in the next year or two (I've twice before spent a month there at a time and loved it).  We'd move--someday!

Congrats on the tandem adoptive nursing-amazing!  I nursed twins (tandem) until they were 2 yrs 8 months!  You are a hero!

#5 of 7 Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaupupup View Post

Keep us posted if you go!  We hope to do a long vacation there in the next year or two (I've twice before spent a month there at a time and loved it).  We'd move--someday!

Congrats on the tandem adoptive nursing-amazing!  I nursed twins (tandem) until they were 2 yrs 8 months!  You are a hero!

I'll try to remember to let you know. Contact me again in a few months and see where we're at (literally.)

My daughter is almost 3.5 and still nursing, though I'm not sure I'm making any milk, we use a supplementer. She had less than 2 ounces of formula in her life. My son stopped nursing the month he turned 5. 

Nursing twins must have been quite the task.

#6 of 7 Old 03-06-2012, 12:25 PM

Sorry not to get back to you. Are you still considering coming out to New Zealand?

#7 of 7 Old 03-06-2012, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraNZ View Post

Sorry not to get back to you. Are you still considering coming out to New Zealand?

Maybe. I've found some great homeschooling groups in the Christchurch area. Folks are so friendly. Not sure what the employment situation will turn into.

After learning more, I am a bit concerned about the Alpine Fault. However, my greatest concerned is it sounds like a huge percentage of the homes have mold. Also, I'm from Arizona and a true desert rat. Anything under 72 degrees is a bit extreme for me. I could learn to live with it, but a house without central heat seems like a lot to adjust to.

Still everything I hear about the people (and the natural beauty) is appealing. My husband is certainly interested.

Tags
Homeschooling , Unschooling

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page