According to him and to me, ds graduated today - and I don't know how to mark it - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-15-2012, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are so busy right now, especially me, trying to get my part of the college app.s done (ds18 has completed and submitted all of his - yippee!)  - but I still have to finish the "home school supplement" and "counselor's report" and the FAFSA and PROFILE (yikes.).  I'm also working 24 hours per week and homeschooling ds 15.  

DS 18 is just overcoming about a year of depression which is why he has graduated in January instead of last Spring.  He did a little less than I had wanted him to originally and still has to finish his French (which he swears he will do in the next several weeks).  I am a little ambivalent about this graduation; the way has been a little hard, and I'm so happy for him and happy that he has his college app.s in, but sad that it was so hard (because of the depression) and frustrated that the French is not done but he considers himself graduated.

Any advice on how to celebrate this graduation?  Especially just how to help him know that I am proud of my graduate?  (We will get photos and send out an announcement after a little more time.)

I appreciate any ideas.

-Dancy

#2 of 4 Old 01-15-2012, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

You know how sometimes writing out the question leads you to the answer?  I spoke with ds and we talked about a photo and an announcement and I just gave him a hug and told him I'm proud of him.  It's bittersweet.

Thanks for listening.

#3 of 4 Old 01-16-2012, 01:27 PM

I think a photo and announcement is a great way. Maybe also a nice graduation gift from you ? (standards are watches... fancy pens.. stuff like that? )

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

#4 of 4 Old 01-16-2012, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxravnos View Post

I think a photo and announcement is a great way. Maybe also a nice graduation gift from you ? (standards are watches... fancy pens.. stuff like that? 

I had not thought of a grad gift!  I'm going to ask him what he would like.  Great idea - thank you!

Tags
Homeschooling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page