Homeschool Valentine Exchange? - Mothering Forums
Learning at Home and Beyond > Homeschool Valentine Exchange?
ellesmama's Avatar ellesmama 08:03 AM 01-23-2012

Hi!  Is there a Valentine Exchange list this year?  I couldn't find it.  We have loved participating the last couple years and really hope to do it again.  Thanks!!

zebra15's Avatar zebra15 01:54 PM 01-23-2012

After the great postcard debacle of 2011 I doubt it.   If the actual 'swap' area of MDC is still active there might be something posted but swaps over here probably wont he happening anymore.

ellesmama's Avatar ellesmama 02:09 PM 01-23-2012

Hmmm....guess I missed all that.  Don't know what the great postcard debacle is, but thanks for letting me know.  I guess I will look elsewhere.  Thank you!

edwardsmom's Avatar edwardsmom 03:55 PM 01-23-2012

I really enjoyed the Valentine swap last year. I think that we should try again, here.  Anybody in?

AAK's Avatar AAK 08:14 AM 01-24-2012

We enjoyed it too and would love  to join up again.  I don't really know much about the postcard thing either, but with the valentine list we only had 20-25 cards to send vs 50.  Maybe that would make a difference?

Amy

eviemp's Avatar eviemp 09:19 AM 01-24-2012

I have 2 kids that really look forward to this. If we get even ten kids I think it would be worth organizing.

gussymolly's Avatar gussymolly 12:01 PM 01-17-2013

We would be really interested in a valentine exchange.  We did one last year and my kids (age 5 and 13) loved it!  It was fun to see where all of the cards came from.  If you guys are up for it, count us in!!  :D

mrsmischief's Avatar mrsmischief 01:42 PM 01-17-2013

My daughter would be interested in joining if a swap gets organized. 

incorrigible's Avatar incorrigible 03:20 PM 01-17-2013

Oh, we're absolutely in for this!

edwardsmom's Avatar edwardsmom 12:02 PM 01-18-2013

This was last year's thread, but it worked really well.  Everyone who said that they'd send out valentines did, and my kids got really cute stuff from all over.  So, we'd definitely like to do it again and I'll volunteer to organize.  Just PM me your kids name(s), and address.

tbone_kneegrabber's Avatar tbone_kneegrabber 01:17 PM 01-18-2013

I would be interested in this.  Ds and I have already started making the base of our Valentine cards.  He loves mail so I'm sure he would think this was great.  I haven't ever done one before so I would need some explicit instructions. 

incorrigible's Avatar incorrigible 04:23 PM 01-18-2013

lol...I didn't even notice it was a revived thread. Well, thank you for volunteering! I'll pm our info. =)

tbone_kneegrabber's Avatar tbone_kneegrabber 05:23 PM 01-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsmom View Post

This was last year's thread, but it worked really well.  Everyone who said that they'd send out valentines did, and my kids got really cute stuff from all over.  So, we'd definitely like to do it again and I'll volunteer to organize.  Just PM me your kids name(s), and address.

So we just pm names and addresses and then you'll compile a list for everyone?  Then we make/buy/write/whatever a valentine for each of those kids and mail them?  

edwardsmom's Avatar edwardsmom 06:21 PM 01-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone_kneegrabber View Post

So we just pm names and addresses and then you'll compile a list for everyone?  Then we make/buy/write/whatever a valentine for each of those kids and mail them?  

Exactly.  Kids also like to include a little treat with the Valentines.  In the past we've gotten stickers, tattoos, toy money, and candy (the Hershey's kisses didn't survive the cancelling machine, unfortunately!)

homeschoolingmama's Avatar homeschoolingmama 06:30 PM 01-18-2013

Oh we would like this!  I am confused. Who do I send our address and kids names to?

edwardsmom's Avatar edwardsmom 09:12 AM 01-19-2013

PM them to me asap and I'll make up a list in the next week or so & PM it to everybody that is participating.

mommariffic's Avatar mommariffic 01:53 PM 01-19-2013

PM me too! My 5 year old would be VERY VERY interested in a homemade Valentines swap!

heyitskalista's Avatar heyitskalista 06:02 PM 01-21-2013

What an awesome idea!  Maybe next year we can participate...things are kind of hectic this year! :(

tbone_kneegrabber's Avatar tbone_kneegrabber 09:50 AM 01-24-2013
We started working on valentines today. Ds is excited to know how many we are making. Looking forward to it!
ambersrose's Avatar ambersrose 11:15 AM 01-24-2013

pm'ing you Edwardsmom!  We want to participate.  We didn't do it last year but we did the three years before that.  

edwardsmom's Avatar edwardsmom 07:12 AM 01-27-2013

OK, we've got 16 kids participating.  Today will be the last day to let me know if any more kids want to join.  I'll send out the list tonight or tomorrow morning for everyone who has PMed me.

heatherdeg's Avatar heatherdeg 08:35 AM 01-27-2013

Just pm'd!  Glad I caught it!

edwardsmom's Avatar edwardsmom 07:00 AM 01-28-2013

I just sent out a PM to everyone who is participating.  Let me know if I did something wrong, so that I can correct it.

Mittsy's Avatar Mittsy 08:03 AM 01-30-2013

Is it too late for us to join in on this?

incorrigible's Avatar incorrigible 02:26 PM 02-05-2013

Our first few Valentines came in yesterday. Spritely got into the tattoos in one of them, and I thought I'd share a pic! =D The ratty hair is because she's 2 days into growing natural dreads. Please excuse. lol

(click to enlarge)

karlaharmer's Avatar karlaharmer 10:13 AM 10-06-2013
Hey ladies ... I am setting up a valentines exchange this year. Wanted to know if you would like to participate?

Let me know if you want to join! Thanks! 😃😃
Tags: Homeschooling
Up