Number block/magnets beyond 20? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-28-2012, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Anyone have ideas for a set of blocks or magnets with double digit numbers to 100?

Hi!  I don't usually post here, but thought your all might have some good ideas.  DS is totally in love with his fridge magnet and lego block letters and numbers.  He likes to line them up in order and then in "backwards order" as he calls it.  We only have numbers 1 to 10 and I have been looking everywhere for a set of blocks or magnets, anything really, that go to 100.  He knows numbers to 20 by sight and is starting to recognize double digit numbers.  I know he could use single digits and combine for the higher numbers, but he just won't.  I've seen number tiles to 100, but he's not quite 3 and still puts things in his mouth on occasion, so I don't want anything too small. 

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Could you glue magnets together to make larger numbers?

Stephenie, Wife to Nick partners.gif 9/3/05 Mama to Keagan treehugger.gif autismribbon.gif 4/12/07, Eden dust.gifhomebirth.jpg3/29/09  3rdtri.gif Someone new coming in July and two angels 6/06 and 10/10. Check out my blog! blogging.jpg

Old 01-29-2012, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

You could buy something like this and print out numbers in a really big font, then cut them out.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I was thinking magnet paper as well. The PP linked inkjet magnet sheets but if you don't have a good printer, but you do have photoshop skills you can make tiles proportioned to a 4x6 photo (say 4-6 numbers) per photo and then have them printed very inexpensively, cut and attach to the sticky magnet backing. That is essentially what I did with my save the dates when I got married (2 per 4x6) and they are still on the fridge 6 years later :)

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

Tags
Learning Resources
User Tag List