I'd love to see your blogs! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 02-10-2012, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just started blogging a few days ago.  It looks like no one has their blog link in their signature, are we not allowed to do that here?  I'd love to see your blogs to get ideas of stuff to do!  I'd like to try and update mine every day or every couple days at most, and put up activities we did that day.  Can I see yours??!!   And can we link in our signature, or is there a list somewhere?  Mine is http://littlewoodlanders.wordpress.com/  but is sort of still a work in progress, getting it set up. 

I'm using wordpress and actually have a question as well.  I need to fix my Montessori category because I typed it with a lower case m and can't figure out how to edit that to have an upper case M!!

Mom to dd1 7/2007, dd2 2/2010, and ds 7/2006 in heaven
#2 of 45 Old 02-10-2012, 09:02 AM

Location: In the middle of nowhere, at the centre of everything.
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Mine's here, though I'm at a different point in my homeschooling journey -- my kids are 9 through 18 now and in many ways my 9-year-old is more like a 12-year-old -- and my blog has evolved to include general family and personal interests more than "kid activities." My kids aren't so keen on having their every creative and academic foray put out there for the world anymore. Still, I started blogging back in 1998 (though at the time the term blog wasn't being used, and I was writing HTML code manually, only years later uploading the whole thing to a blog service) and there's stuff on it from way back when. Mostly violin-related learning in the first few years, then general homeschooling from about 2003.

Miranda

Mountain mama to three great kids and one great grown-up

#3 of 45 Old 02-11-2012, 10:42 AM

Here's mine!  http://montessori.barefootinsuburbia.com . :)  Some of it is preschool-level Montessori stuff and some of it is elementary school non-Montessori stuff. :)

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#4 of 45 Old 02-12-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyRae View Post

Here's mine!  http://montessori.barefootinsuburbia.com . :)  Some of it is preschool-level Montessori stuff and some of it is elementary school non-Montessori stuff. :)

lots of amazing learning opportunities mama! love the activities 

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#5 of 45 Old 03-03-2012, 08:36 PM

I'm at  Talking of the Tadpoles   

I'm a partly SAHM who loves to read, cook, sew, be outside, make things, cloth diaper,... all the good stuff.

I'm so inspired by the blogosphere!! 

What a wonderful tool to connect with like minded mommas and creators!

I'l l check out all you too!

Momma to little Atlin Feb2010dust.gif2nd on its way

#6 of 45 Old 03-04-2012, 05:20 AM

Great thread Plarka. I blog at http://newlearningpath.wordpress.com  .It feels good to read the blogs of moms who share similar ideas.

Homeschooling mom to my sweet little kids joy.gif   I blog at http://newlearningpath.wordpress.com

#7 of 45 Old 03-04-2012, 05:59 AM

when the new format switched over at MDC, we had to change our siggies. blog links can still be found by clicking on the member's username and you can find their blog that way (if they have one to share). just view their profile.  my blog is here

my computer died a couple of months ago, so i haven't posted anything new since before christmas.  it's kind of lame too, but it is usually homeschool related in some form or fashion. we just bought a new computer, so i'm hoping to post a little more now.

looking forward to clicking through your blogssmile.gif

homeschooling mama to DD 10 & DS 7 blogging.jpg

#8 of 45 Old 03-04-2012, 06:01 AM

Miranda, I LOVE your blog. I always enjoy seeing how successful you are in homeschooling your children. I enjoy running too, so following your journey there is fun for me as well!

ETA - enjoyed all of these...bookmarked a few! coming back to read latersmile.gif

#9 of 45 Old 03-04-2012, 08:47 AM

I dont use a blogging site, but I use facebook in a blog type way innocent.gif

Feel free to subscribe to my updates and picture/videos (need to be logged into facebook to add!)

I post about college life, my baby's development and charm and new art activities, gifts or new products we do/use together

and a teeny touch of activism in Canadian and world issues  Peace.gif

its no where near the calibre of blogs some mama's have here, theyre amazing! but have a peek

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#10 of 45 Old 03-04-2012, 09:27 AM

Mine is here -- motherbynature.ca though I haven't posted anything new in a long, long time...  I have a few good articles (well, I think so anyway orngbiggrin.gif ) from a few years back on there though!

It's also not JUST about homeschooling, it touches on natural living, peaceful parenting, that sort of thing as well.  But homeschooling is probably the most common topic on there.

As for the editing tags thing -- from your wordpress main page, you should have a box that's headed "Posts".  Under the header there's "Posts, Add New, Categories, Post Tags."  Click on Post Tags and a page comes up with all your tags, how often they're used, etc.  There's a cloud on the left showing your most frequently used tags, and a checklist on the right of all tags.  Click on your Montessori tag (from either list) and its edit page comes up.  Voila!  :)  Hope that works for you (if our wordpress versions are different there might be some variances but it should be something very much along those lines!)

Heather, mom to Caileigh 12/06 and aspie ADHD prodigy David 05/98 :intact lact
#11 of 45 Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 PM

Here's mine:  Cityschooling.  

I've been blogging since the end of 2004.  It's mainly about what we do for academics, field trips, and classes with my 5th grader.  I also talk about family stuff, my 2 older kids, and various ponderings sometimes.  I like posting pictures and I try to write something new at least once a week (but not always, lol).  It's fun and it's a great way to remember all the stuff we do.

Angela

DD(20) Hair Stylist in Manhattan

DD(17) Dancer at the (real) Fame school

DS(13) Martial artist & experiential homeschooler

#12 of 45 Old 03-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Hi, I just joined this site. I am a homeschooling mama of four, but actually only have three at home now. My oldest is 19 and is in the US Army. My three at home are dd11, ds8, and dd4. I homeschool my older children using Sonlight (in a Charlotte Mason way.) With my youngest, I am using a mix of things: Montessori, Waldorf, Charlotte Mason, and more. She is adopted from China & has visual impairments and developmental delays. I blog mostly about our homeschool days. Here is my blog address: http://freeindeed-redkitchen.blogspot.com/

#13 of 45 Old 03-04-2012, 02:23 PM

I'm at misstatejones. I just started mine a few days ago as well, so not a whole lot of content yet. I did post a couple freebies for schooling I've made. My kids are dd 4, ds10, and dd 12. I really love the preschool stage and dd 4 loves doing activities, so likely I'll be posting about that quite a bit in the future. Thanks to everyone for sharing links. I'll be checking them all out!

blogging.jpg

#14 of 45 Old 03-04-2012, 03:16 PM

Just starting ours up at cardinalaltlearning.wordpress.com - dd is 4.5, ds 6 months, so we're obviously relaxed. I think this will be the most natural & motivating way for me to track what we're doing... Excited to check out other blogs!

*** DH (wed 5/03), DD (6/07), and DS (8/11)
#15 of 45 Old 03-04-2012, 06:23 PM

i saw your spelling program at TWTM. it is really put together nicely! thank you so much for sharing that on your blog!! i definitely bookmarked it and plan to incorporate it with my kids!!! thank you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRubyandKen View Post

I'm at misstatejones. I just started mine a few days ago as well, so not a whole lot of content yet. I did post a couple freebies for schooling I've made. My kids are dd 4, ds10, and dd 12. I really love the preschool stage and dd 4 loves doing activities, so likely I'll be posting about that quite a bit in the future. Thanks to everyone for sharing links. I'll be checking them all out!

#16 of 45 Old 03-05-2012, 06:25 AM

I'm new to blogging too, and mine is about family music not homeschooling but here it is:  http://threesongsafterdinner.blogspot.com/

I'm thinking about starting a homeschooling blog as well and enjoy looking at all your great blogs!

#17 of 45 Old 03-05-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizawill View Post

i saw your spelling program at TWTM. it is really put together nicely! thank you so much for sharing that on your blog!! i definitely bookmarked it and plan to incorporate it with my kids!!! thank you again!

Thanks elizawill :). I think there's quite a few of us mothering homeschool mamas who visit TWTM. I think most people opted for a different username though (I did), so I don't know who's who over there.

blogging.jpg

#18 of 45 Old 03-05-2012, 09:54 AM

Mine isn't actually a blog yet (one of these days maybe I'll add one in), but it's a noncommercial website where I've assembled articles about learning and homeschooling, and links to other related sites. It has a huge set of annotated links to interesting educational sites of all kinds, called Homeschooling Gateway to the Internet -  so many that I'd recommend first scrolling through the menus before starting to click on links. I avoided links to the type of children's sites that have excessive noise and flashy graphics or useless worksheet type exercises instead of things that make for fun thinking, exploring, creating. 

I originally created it for the website of the state homeschooling support organization I used to volunteer with, and they eventually asked me if I'd just take it over on my own, because it got to be a lot of work for them to maintain with the limited volunteers.

It purposely has no ads or affiliate links.

BestHomeschooling.org 

- Lillian

#19 of 45 Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 AM

Mine is here. Some homeschool stuff but most of it is homesteading.
#20 of 45 Old 03-05-2012, 06:00 PM

Just browsed at the last few

Quote:
Originally Posted by limette View Post

Mine is here. Some homeschool stuff but most of it is homesteading.

I love your info about canadian history, your home is beautiful! what province are you in? out west?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian J View Post

Mine isn't actually a blog yet (one of these days maybe I'll add one in), but it's a noncommercial website where I've assembled articles about learning and homeschooling, and links to other related sites. It has a huge set of annotated links to interesting educational sites of all kinds, called Homeschooling Gateway to the Internet -  so many that I'd recommend first scrolling through the menus before starting to click on links. I avoided links to the type of children's sites that have excessive noise and flashy graphics or useless worksheet type exercises instead of things that make for fun thinking, exploring, creating. 

I originally created it for the website of the state homeschooling support organization I used to volunteer with, and they eventually asked me if I'd just take it over on my own, because it got to be a lot of work for them to maintain with the limited volunteers.

It purposely has no ads or affiliate links.

BestHomeschooling.org 

- Lillian

There is a ton of info! I cant wait to start reading

#21 of 45 Old 03-07-2012, 08:53 AM

Here's mine:

Green Baby Green Mama - an eco*friendly shopping guide (that didnt exist when DD was born)

&

Thirty Three Mom - more personal 

I love reading other Mommy Blogs. We should all comment on the others!

DD Born 08/08/08 Love my DH! Currently TTC #2....  My blog: thirtythreemom.com.

namaste.gif Searching for balance and happiness in the every day.

UPDATE: Found it! It's called GRATITUDE joy.gif
#22 of 45 Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianhippie View Post

Just browsed at the last few

I love your info about canadian history, your home is beautiful! what province are you in? out west?

There is a ton of info! I cant wait to start reading

Thanks!

We moved to Nova Scotia from Thunder Bay, Ontario 2 years ago. West was never an option, it's just way too expensive.
#23 of 45 Old 03-08-2012, 04:27 AM

Hi - can't wait to check out your blogs!  Mine is www.5under7.blogspot.com

I have five children who were all, at one time, under the age of 7!  So that is the title of my blog!  It's about our crazy hectic lives and our attempts to be great parents to these five fabulous children!

XX Peta

#24 of 45 Old 03-08-2012, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

http://www.shomeiscool.blogspot.com

This is our family blog.  It is all about homeschooling/unschooling and about our family. 

Off to peek at a few of the blogs posted here. :)

#25 of 45 Old 03-08-2012, 08:24 AM

What a cool idea- I love all of the inspiration I find on other homeschooling/unschooling blogs.  I'm also a fairly new blogger (at least regularly anyway) and you can find me at www.gnomesathome.com.   thanks for doing this!  i'm off to check out the other blogs now while my littlest ds naps. :)

#26 of 45 Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthymato2 View Post

What a cool idea- I love all of the inspiration I find on other homeschooling/unschooling blogs.  I'm also a fairly new blogger (at least regularly anyway) and you can find me at www.gnomesathome.com.   thanks for doing this!  i'm off to check out the other blogs now while my littlest ds naps. :)

Your link didn't work for me? :)

blogging.jpg

#27 of 45 Old 03-08-2012, 04:07 PM

hrm... i think the link included the period at the end of the sentence! oops :)

let's try this...

www.gnomesathome.com

#28 of 45 Old 03-08-2012, 04:07 PM

ok, it worked for me that time :)

#29 of 45 Old 03-09-2012, 12:10 AM

I'm following :)

My blog is glimmersnaps. I do a little homelearning stuff (I plan to start doing more!) and a lot of organization and DIY-type stuff. All easy stuff, though. Lol I don't have any power tools. Have you checked out Peaceful Parenting? She has some really great ideas and a good blogroll. Also I like How we Montessori

Mama to Boo-Boo diaper.gifand babysitter to Bean energy.gif

mdcblog5.gif

#30 of 45 Old 03-09-2012, 05:50 PM

I blog at http://plathsadventures.com  We unschool right now for the most part, but I think we're going to use oak meadow this fall.  I'm trying to decide if prek or k will be a better fit for my dd who is turning 4 next month.

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

Tags
Homeschooling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page