Oak Meadow questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-06-2012, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm considering it for my oldest son this fall, he is in "first" grade right now. His reading is about on level and he is almost finished with his addition facts to 10 and we haven't' worked much on money, time, or subtraction yet. We have had some issues with getting him up to level and general dislike of school when he can be outside or fishing. He is very smart, but will not try at times. I was thinking the art/nature aspect would appeal more to him as well as the imaginative portion. He would be read to all day if I would so I know one day he will be a great reader. So my question is do you think first grade again or would he be ok to move into second? Would we miss anything in first that he'd need? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 02:47 PM

Hmmmm sounds like he might benefit from 1st grade OM ... although if you can afford it you could always buy 1st & 2cd and mix and match where needed. 

on OM's site they have a little run down of what they cover in each grade by quarter. maybe that would help you?

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

Old 03-07-2012, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Yes I've looked at that and the samples and I'm just not sure :( I also worry of how seasonal it is if I fall behind...  I do have an advanced will be K son as well, maybe I should try combining?? I hate all the decisions homeschooling takes, lol.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:13 PM

well kindy was sort of seasonal as in they are talking about seeds waking up and earthworms and such right now in our OM book but kindy at least wasn't so seasonal to make it a really important thing.

in AK our seasons don't match up and it hasn't really mattered.  :) you could try calling them and seeing if they can help you decide?

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

Old 03-08-2012, 06:02 PM

how old is your son? I think I can offer some input, but age is an important factor. smile.gif

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

Tags
Education , Homeschooling
User Tag List