k12 question: does it matter 'at all' where they do their work on the computer? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-07-2012, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,  you're all so helpful all the time. Thank you for that.

I was wondering something.  Does it matter at all where my kids do their assignments everyday? 

If the answer is no to that, can I start a sort of co op  group with some other moms with it? It's mostly so the kids have a room where they do their art projects, even if they are different, display them together, and whatever music is involved etc they can do those things more together.  I know it seems strange to do want to do k12 together.  Then they'd also have their outside activities together and whatever else the group feels is desireable. It would give more sense of community for us yet also give us the freedom that goes along with the curriculum as well. It'd feel like school, yet so individualized. 

Mama to 3 boys ( 6, 4, 2 ) and one baby girl!  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-07-2012, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm an unschooler here. My attitude is wherever they learn is a great place to learn.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#3 of 4 Old 03-16-2012, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No it doesn't matter where you do it at all. We use k12 and I would say you could definitely do things like art and music together. The rest would be harder as some kids will move quicker than others.

You log in to the OLS with your login, you can use any computer you desire from any location. There are days where I enter results and the kids barely use the computer at all.

#4 of 4 Old 04-16-2012, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

You can do it where ever. Sounds like you want to start a community day, you might have one already available to you. Check with your teacher if your using a VA:)

Seriously?

Tags
Education , Homeschooling

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page