Differences between Little Acorn Learning 3/5 day and enrichment guides? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-15-2012, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my 4 1/2 year old this fall (I'll also have an almost 2 year old).  Both really enjoy circle time, crafts and music.  I was thinking oak meadow preschool, but I would do better with a bit more structure.  Does anyone know the differences in the LAL 3 or 5 day vs the enrichment guides? 

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-24-2012, 11:00 PM

I do the 5 day LAL program, and I haven't seen the 3 day, but I think it does say what the differences are on their web site. I believe the one of the differences is that there are book recommendations that only come with the 5 day. 

SAHM to DD (May/07) and DS (Jan/10)
#3 of 5 Old 05-14-2012, 12:14 AM

the 3 and 5 day is sort of like in home day care/ preschool kindergarten sort of thing, the enrichment is more of an after school sort of deal. like if you took in kids who went to school and ran a daycare. 

personally i like the 5 day program the best, loads of ideas, and crafts, books, stories, etc. 

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#4 of 5 Old 05-15-2012, 05:52 PM

when i bought LA there was no 3 day option so I can't help you there but the 5 day is FANTASTIC and the best prek program I've ever seen or used. for only like 20 a month you really can't beat it.

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

#5 of 5 Old 05-16-2012, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

We have the 5 day program that we've used for the spine of our kindy year.  I've heard the 3-day doesn't have the book recommendations, which was essential to me.  I love the 5-day program!

The enrichment guides are more like extra crafts, fingerplays, and short stories.

Allison:  a little bit Waldorf, a little bit Medievalish, and always"MOMMMMYYYY!" to sweet Cecily since 12.22.05

Tags
Homeschooling

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page