BrainPop: How long is the free trial? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-13-2012, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 11 year old is trying to master grammar conventions. The videos on BrainPop look like they might be pretty good on the subject, but I'd like to give it a trial before handing over $100 for a year's subscription. 

Does anyone know how long the trial is? I can find that info on the site or through Mr. Google.

Thanks!

#2 of 4 Old 05-13-2012, 10:48 PM

chfriend, I don't know about the trial-- but just wanted to mention that I have been impressed with the quality and appeal of the Brainpop videos. My son loves them (though he tends to watch the science and history ones, so I haven't seen the grammar videos yet).

Writing, reading, unschooling. 

#3 of 4 Old 05-14-2012, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I think the trial is 5 days. If you can't decide after that, you should be able to do another free trial on a different email address. I really like BrainPop but my ds never seemed to stay interested in it for long enough to be worth the subscription. Of course, if you do a less unschooly approach and give assignments to use it regularly, that wouldn't be a problem. Or if you had multiple kids where it would get more use.

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
#4 of 4 Old 05-16-2012, 11:29 AM

i also wanted to mention that there is a brainpop app. i have it on my iphone and they give you a free video a day, including the quizzes. sometimes it's on a topic that is above my son's head, but usually my enjoy them fairly well.

homeschooling mama to DD 10 & DS 7 blogging.jpg

Tags
Homeschooling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page