Global village school curriculum - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-15-2012, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are planning to homeschool DD next fall for grade 1. I just stumbled upon the Global village school. Does anyone have any experience with the school or curriculum? Also on another thread it was commented that perhaps Oak Meadow curriculum is used for some of the Global Village? Had decided on Oak Meadow but now am intrigued.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-15-2012, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so I've not used it but I've gone back and looked at it and read reviews a lot because it sounds sooooo nice. In the end though it seems to be mostly a list of books to use... and that's just not enough for me. Even Earthschooling's curriculum which I think is rather like GVS is just not structured enough for me to be able to use. 

Oak meadow I really like and are using it for our core for the 3rd year in a row. 

aHikaru likes this.

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

Tags
Homeschooling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page