Looking for secular homeschool groups in New Caanan, Greenwich and Stamford areas in CT - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-29-2012, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

I will homeschooling my 7 yo triplets and 2 yo for the first time this Fall. We are currently living in Mamaroneck (westchester county) but looking to buy in the areas of Greenwich, New Caanan, or Stamford.

I want to be in an area where there are a lot of homeschool resources such as co-ops and/or get togethers such as park plays etc. We are new to the area as we just moved to Mamaroneck this past Sept from Southern CA.

Any input is much appreciated!!!

Heidi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

I'm not in your area so I don't have any suggestions. You might try posting in the Tribal Areas forum for the areas you are looking to move to. smile.gif

Old 07-02-2012, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you. What are the Tribal Areas?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 PM

Hi Heidi,

We are in Homeschooling in Greenwich. Feel free to send me a message with any questions!

:-)

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

Old 07-13-2012, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Cari,

Hello,

I just saw this post of yours : ). I hadn't checked messages for a bit as it didn't seem like anyone had responded. Thank you for responding. How is the hs community in Greenwich? Also, do you know if there is a secular community in new caanan at all? We talked about staying in Mamaroneck but it seems there is absolutely no hs groups here, unless I just haven't found them yet : 0.

Nice meeting you,

Heidi
Old 11-10-2012, 07:19 PM

Any luck finding a group? We live in Westchester as well and are a bit saddened by the lack of homeschoolers. We are contemplating a move to Stamford or Greenwich, but hesitant to do so unless there is an active homeschooling group in the area.

Currently, we travel to Yorktown Heights for Earth School for Homeschoolers. Although it has been a positive experience for my 6 yr old, in some ways it is still school with homework & pressure to learn about things you don't care about.

- Amy
Old 11-10-2012, 07:20 PM

Any luck finding a group? We live in Westchester as well and are a bit saddened by the lack of homeschoolers. We are contemplating a move to Stamford or Greenwich, but hesitant to do so unless there is an active homeschooling group in the area.

Currently, we travel to Yorktown Heights for Earth School for Homeschoolers. Although it has been a positive experience for my 6 yr old, in some ways it is still school with homework & pressure to learn about things you don't care about.

- Amy

Tags
Homeschooling
User Tag List