Hi - anyone attend the Institute for Integrative Nutrition? Can you answer some questions for me please? Thanks! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-03-2012, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am considering starting this program and would like to hear from some people who have attended this school or have experience with this school. I have been doing a lot of research about the school itself and there are a lot of raving reviews, but also I have found some people who believe this school is a big marketing gimmick type thing and the certificate you earn after you graduate basically means nothing. I'd like to know what your opinion is one this.

Did you graduate from the program? Since leaving/graduating from that school do you work in the industry at all, do you work as a health coach or have you tried it in the past? I'm sort of thinking that it might be a good fit for me, but I feel like I am basically paying for the certificate itself.....I already know a lot about nutrition and continue to learn but cannot spend the time in a university getting a 4 year degree or anything...so basically I just want to have some type of credential so I can have a title to work as a health coach. I don't think I can find any clients if I haven't had any kind of formal training or any certifications. I do want my health coach career to my my primary source of income, but I don't want to be a "salesperson". I have heard that a lot of the health coaches from this school try to sell people on the idea to do a 6 month program. I just want my clients to be able to come to me for any length of time that they would like. What are your thoughts? Thanks so much.

#2 of 3 Old 07-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering!

Your post caught my attention because I looked at this program a few years ago. I don't have any info to share but wanted to bump your post up for attention. :)

#3 of 3 Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

IIN was the best thing I ever did for myself.

Email me at active4nutrition@hotmail.com

so we can chat if you still have any questions about

the program.

Kristina Beck HC

Tags
Learning Resources , Education

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page