sorry this was suppose to be a reply about buying preschool homeschool supplies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2012, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

we don't buy a lot of curriculum but I do put down about $150 between amazon, Target, Stapples and Discount School Supply every August.  I have a 7, 5 and 2 year old so we have been adding and resupplying to our homeschool closet for 4 years now.

We Get:

*new paint (DSS has tons of colors in big bottles for cheap)

*glue sticks (but every few years I buy the gallon of glue from DSS with a pump we LOVE it)

*small paper pant/glue cups

*foam paint brushes

*paper: colored, printing, easel pad, small blank notebooks, drawing

*new colored pencils we buy the pricey Ferby long wood ones but they last years and color beautifully

*TAPE!!!!!  scotch tape & colored masking tape my kids love having it on hand we even got one of those masking tape dispensers years ago and it is still one of the most used item in our homeschooling supplies

*pom poms

*pipe cleaners

*stamp pads

*small binders

*rulers

*pencils

*some markers/crayons ( we prefer the colored pencils)

*chalk/white board markers

*we also make a big batch of play dough (when we first started we collected a bunch of play dough/cooking tools for a bucket we keep next to the play dough tuperwear)

Our stuff just got here the other day.  I get way more excited for school supplies than anything else.

Mom of 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

ohhh...

we also keep a bin of recyclables  to make stuff out of.  Egg cartons, yogurt cups, toilet paper rolls.

we have a low temp glue gun that even my littlest uses, we started doing that after seeing it on the teacher tom blog.  He has GREAT but often messy preschool ideas.

Mom of 3.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:45 PM

I love this time of year when we start getting our boxes in from all over the place with supplies and curriculum.  I dont like the price tag but the kids are soooo excited, me too, about what were getting.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:46 AM

Getting school supplies is THE BEST! I loved it as a child when I went to school and now I think I love it even more now that we HS! I am anxious to get started with school for the year, believe it or not.

Tags
Homeschooling
User Tag List