My 15 year old daughter would like a pen pal - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-29-2012, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

She was unschooled until about 8th grade and then we did the school thing for a half of year to get her ready for high school. (This was her wish)  She's looking to do foreign exchange her junior year and is very interested in other cultures.  She is hoping to get a male or female from another country to communicate with.  She was actually born in New Zealand but moved to the states when she was two.  Feel free to write me with any questions, concerns, or just to have a chat:) 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-29-2012, 09:44 PM

Hi, hopefully you'll get some more replies, but if your daughter likes, I will be her penpal.  I like letters! :)  I am a native of the states but have spent time studying in Germany, working (internship) in Japan, and am married to an Indian (we visit his folks there regularly and his mom stays with us a couple months of each year, so we have a pretty scrambled blend of culture in our household).  If she is interested in any one of those places and their cultures, I can happily tell her as much as I know.

Mom to the wacky and wonderful Kalyani (August 2011) femalesling.GIF

#3 of 4 Old 07-30-2012, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Oh what a sweet letter from you Choose2reuse.  She was hoping to get some one close to her age but told me it might be fun to have a few different pen pals.  She wants to wait to see what kinds of responses she will get here at Mothering.   Yes, it sounds like your household is very international!  How lucky for your kids to grow up with all different influences around them.  Much healthier I believe. Thanks again and you may hear from us soon.   (Great name by the way.  I have a bumper sticker on my car that said Recycle, Reduce, Reuse and Refuse.

#4 of 4 Old 09-16-2012, 01:07 PM

hi im 12 and a half years old, and i thought it would be cool if your daughter could be my pen pal, i have been looking for one for the longest time!  i live in westerville, ohio, and i have always wanted to go to UK.wink1.gif

Tags
Homeschooling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page