Does anyone know of a fun educational PC game for kids? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-03-2012, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 5 year old son is playing the computer all day long, and I really want to buy him a present that he will like. Can anyone recommend on a nice educational computer game for him? Maybe something a little bit more contributing than the things he usually plays?

#2 of 8 Old 09-03-2012, 08:07 AM

There's a great educational computer games package, which has a variety of games and refers to your child by his own name... I'll try to recall how we've bought it, and give you the link.

#3 of 8 Old 09-03-2012, 08:37 AM

My son has a lifetime membership to Clever Dragons.  He likes it quite a bit.  I was just given a membership to ZooWhiz, too, and it's very nice, as well.  Those are both online sites, though, not PC games. 

Kristi

Wife to 1 since 2000

Mom to 6 hippie.gif('01), jammin.gif ('02), superhero.gif('07), bouncy.gif ('09), energy.gif ('09), diaper.gif ('10)

homeschool.gif

#4 of 8 Old 09-03-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchara View Post

My son has a lifetime membership to Clever Dragons.  He likes it quite a bit.  I was just given a membership to ZooWhiz, too, and it's very nice, as well.  Those are both online sites, though, not PC games. 

Do you know if there is a "girl" version of clever dragons? It sure seems odd to me that its only for sons. DD liked the free trial, and I might get it for her even though its just for boys, apparently.

#5 of 8 Old 09-03-2012, 08:15 PM

Yep, it's Always IceCream for girls.  My daughter has a membership there, too.  In fact, Always Ice Cream was the original site, but the parents loved it so much, they bugged the creators for a long time for a boys' site.  Clever Dragons has only been out about a year or so.

Kristi

Wife to 1 since 2000

Mom to 6 hippie.gif('01), jammin.gif ('02), superhero.gif('07), bouncy.gif ('09), energy.gif ('09), diaper.gif ('10)

homeschool.gif

#6 of 8 Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 PM

Here's the great educational games package that speaks to your child using his own name! I've bought it and it's really amazing:

http://www.dolphyeducationalgames.com/ChildrensGames/tabid/82/ProdID/10/CatID/10/Unique_PC_Personalized_Educational_Games_For_Children_Ages_410_.aspx

There's a link there for purchasing it too.

#7 of 8 Old 09-03-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchara View Post

Yep, it's Always IceCream for girls.  My daughter has a membership there, too.  In fact, Always Ice Cream was the original site, but the parents loved it so much, they bugged the creators for a long time for a boys' site.  Clever Dragons has only been out about a year or so.

#8 of 8 Old 09-05-2012, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you Jenny! I've bought it and it's really great! My son doesn't stop playing it, and you should see the smile on his face when the computer "speaks" to him using his own name.

Tags
Unschooling , Learning Resources , Education , Homeschooling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page