I will be purchasing the Christopherus First Grade Curriculum in January, but I was hoping to take advantage of some pre-Christmas sales on supplies.
Could anyone post a list of the needed supplies for the Christopherus First Grade year? It would really help me out!
I'm not sure how detailed you would like the list to be or if you already have some of these items ... take what you need & disregard the rest.
Materials & Resources:
- several main lesson books (large, unlined, square or rectangular)
- paper for drawing/writing (any will do, unlined, one large pad suggested for form drawing)
- watercolor painting paper, paintbrush, paint, painting boards
- blackboard (one for you to do lessons, a second smaller one for kiddos is suggested)
- block crayons & stick crayons
- modeling beeswax
- handwork supplies (wool, felt, fleece)
- various sized balls and a couple of bean bags
- recorder or pentatonic flute
Additional Books (in addition to the 1st grade package):
- The Christopherus Waldorf Curriculum Overview for Homeschoolers
- From Nature Stories to Natural Science
- Drawing with your Four to Eleven Year Old
A couple of the Other Recommended:
- Painting with Children (Brunhild Muller)
- Painting in Waldorf Education (Bruin & Lichthar) - suggested to read after previous title
Hope this helps! Holler if you need anything else.
|Education , Homeschooling|