singapore math for K - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-03-2013, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

anyone know the difference b/t singapore earlybird and essential for K?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-06-2013, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I have only done EM. If I remember right I initially chose EM because it was the cheaper of the two and when I compared topics for the two it seemed that they covered the same topics. EM has been more than sufficient for Kindergarten level. I feel like ds is learning what he should be at this age. I like that there are ideas for using manipulatives to introduce and teach concepts on every page. It does seem at times that there are a zillion sheets covering the same idea. When we first started we did absolutely every sheet. Now we skip over sheets if ds understands the concept and wants to skip ahead. We started math a bit late in the year so we're still working on Kindergarten A, but we will likely be moving into B within a few months. I plan to continue with Singapore next year and will likely do the Standards Ed. for 1st grade.

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)

Tags
Homeschooling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page