Enter to Win a Homeschool Curriculum and Gift Basket from Oak Meadow! - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#271 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just shared on my Facebook wall and already a fan of both mothering and Oak Meadow!
#272 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 03:11 PM

Posted it!

#273 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM

Why?  You don't have to get up early. You can start your school day when your children are ready to learn.  You never have to wonder what they are learning about.  Your kids learn how to get along with people of all ages not just the kids their own age.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

#274 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 03:27 PM

And I posted a link on my homeschool blog, lowercaselearning!

#275 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 03:39 PM

We home school because I really like the person that my children are becoming and I want to be a large part of creating that beautiful spirit instead of spending all of my time undoing what was done at school.

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#276 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 03:40 PM

The last day our oldest son was in public school he came home off of the school bus with a black eye and swollen lip. When asking our son about this he said that at morning recess he had slipped on ice and hit the gravel with his face. Upon contacting the school no adult in the building had noticed or known about what happened. This was upsetting to us, we knew there was no big deal but for no person in the school to notice a child with a bruise and swollen lip, was outrageous.

That day on all 3 of our children have been home schooled.

We teach our children basic life skills, manners, respect, survival as well as academics. In the time they have been home schooled i have been told we have some of the most polite children, they are always asked to visit again, they all participate in their community actively and genuinely enjoy it.

#277 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 03:42 PM

I shared on my facebook wall!

#278 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 03:49 PM

Posted to facebook! Thanks!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#279 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 03:50 PM

Why Homeschool?

To understand my son and to instill in him a love for learning that doesn't incude just arithmetic and ABC's, but the very foundations of what brings us together as human beings. To make sure that he is truly educated, not just institutionalized. To make sure that his socialization is just that, true togetherness, and not just recess or the bonding over a shared hatred of standardized test. Mostly though, to be close to my son and know at the end of the day that his character and future rests in the hands of his family. 

Thanks so much for the opportunity!

jesilangdaleanderson (a) gmail (dot) com

#280 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 03:51 PM

I also shared this on my twitter! My twitter is @fore_and_aft

Thanks!

jesilangdaleanderson (a) gmail (dot) com

#281 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 04:07 PM

Homeschooling helps to create stronger family bonds based on mutual respect and creativity! Children who homeschool are intelligent and able to handle the challenges of real life because each day they ARE in real life, not factored through an institution whose goals are results. In a homeschool home, each moment is for learning and the ebbs and flows of the days, weeks, months, years become the rhythm of life....Why is this different from school education? It is different because learning and home are integrated rather than compartmentalized and the child understands that learning doesn't stop as soon as they leave the classroom, but is a continuous embodied process of living!

#282 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 04:18 PM

Homeschooling allows you to tailor the learning style to your child's needs. Plus, what a wonderful gift for your child to learn the Waldorf way!

#283 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 04:20 PM

I shared this blog post on facebook.

#284 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 04:25 PM

Because when I homeschool, I can drop what we are doing when something amazing comes along (like today :) )

#285 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 04:26 PM

I dont homeschool yet...I am thinking about homeschooling my daughter next year. I want to see her eyes light up when she learns and to see the passion the learning gives children! 

#286 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 04:26 PM

Shared on Facebook

#287 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 04:27 PM

why homeschool?

because I love, I mean really love, learning...and I want my children to love learning too.  I think that by allowing them to pursue their dreams and interests at their own pace, in their own space, in their own time, this desire will be fulfilled. 
plus I also really love hanging out with them;)

thanks for the awesome give-away!

artist mama to dd (5/06) and ds (1/09):, ::
#288 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 04:29 PM

We started homeschooling this year because we feel it is what is best for our daughter. It is so wonderful & freeing to be able to study what your child is interested in & at their own pace!

#289 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 04:31 PM

I posted this on my Facebook page! Thanks!

#290 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 04:38 PM

Why homeschool?

Because it makes sense.

Because it's fun.

Because my son has a difficult time in groups.

Because kids are growing up really fast, and I love being the primary person in their lives for as long as possible!

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
#291 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 04:39 PM

Shared on FB!

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
#292 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I homeschool because its the best choice for my son.  He can learn at his own pace, he can learn what interests him and there is no bullying.  If he completes 2-3 grade levels per year thats not a problem.  If he spends the entire month on one project, thats not a problem either.

liked on fb and reposted

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#293 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 04:52 PM

Liked Oak Meadow on Facebook, and already Liked Mothering Magazine on Facebook.

Why homeschool?  Our daughter had been at a Waldorf school since parent-infant classes.  We are committed to continuing to provide her with a Waldorf-inspired curriculum beyond kindergarten, but the closest Waldorf grade school is over an hour away from our home.  She's too young to have such a long commute(!), so we have decided to homeschool her.  We also love the flexibility, collaboration (both between parents and between the parents and child), and love of lifelong learning that homeschooling can provide.

Thank you for this great opportunity!

#294 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 05:10 PM

Why homeschool? I was homeschooled until middle school and the memories and learning adventures we did stand out brightest in my memory. I excelled in public school due to my advanced self teaching techniques the oldest child of a 4 child home must do. On the flip side my husbandwaspublic schooled but due to his dyslexia he was put in special ed. When we had our daughter we knew we were going to homeschool her. It felt right.
#295 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 05:43 PM

Why Homeschool?

I adore spending time with my children teaching them and learning from them.  I do not want to spend the next 13 years adhering to a rigid schedule not of my choosing.  I want to assist my children in becoming independent lovers of learning who know how to do a lot of practical things and who know they can learn anything and everything they set their minds to.  

"We need dreamers, big picture thinkers, and creative problem solvers to inherit our world, not machines programmed to memorize and mimic."  -Play at home mom blog

Yoga teaching, home learning, extended breastfeeding, cosleeping, animal rescuing, chicken tending, peace loving wife & momma to home/water birthed earlygirl (7/28/07) and second home/water birthed baby girl (5/15/10) : 7 cats, 5 dogs and 32 chickens!

#296 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 05:54 PM

I shared this post! :)  Thank you for this opportunity!

Yoga teaching, home learning, extended breastfeeding, cosleeping, animal rescuing, chicken tending, peace loving wife & momma to home/water birthed earlygirl (7/28/07) and second home/water birthed baby girl (5/15/10) : 7 cats, 5 dogs and 32 chickens!

#297 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 05:58 PM

We want to homeschool so our daughter can learn in a calm, loving, and familiar atmosphere.  Our daughter has Sensory Processing Disorder and gets over stimulated in the simplest of settings.  Home is the right place for her to thrive!

Married to my soul mate and totally devoted to DD (6/08) and enjoying our 2 cats and many fish. Wishing for a "green" house in the country where we can raise more children!
#298 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 PM

We learn at home because it is best for our children. Every person learns differently so finding a good fit is key to education in my opinion. Having a child with unique needs just highlights this more. WE use a life learning approach and love it!

#299 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 PM

I have liked both Oak Meadow and Mothering for some time now. And have also shared the link.
Why do we homeschool? Firstly, I am on a long term leave from my school board. I have a 6, 4, and 2 year old. Ultimately at the end of the day, I'd rather be on the floor playing my children then with other people's children. We decided to keep our babies out of JK even before we were parents. But with the birth of our first child and the severe food allergies she, and we deal with daily, we felt that home with us was the safest place possible. I believe that once you begin to homeschool, it is not just a thing you do. It becomes a lifestyle. One we would not change for the world.
#300 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 06:40 PM

Why homeschool?

I get to spend a lot of time with my daughter and I don't miss any of 'those' moments as she grows up. I also chose to homeschool so that I can have a real voice in her education and it will be heard and acted on. The quality of her education won't suffer from a poor economy, or be the whim of some politician's agenda, or her potential dampened because a teacher has a class too big with negative behaviors that take too much classroom time to deal with. We are lucky our family has choices and I am thrilled we can offer her options with homeschooling.

Tags
Learning Resources , Education , Homeschooling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page