Enter to Win a Homeschool Curriculum and Gift Basket from Oak Meadow! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Shared it on my Facebook page, too.  Thanks for letting us get two entries in!

#302 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 PM

Public schools have standards set by legislators who are removed from the classroom. All children are taught on the same level, but all children are not on the same level. Creativity and self decipline are stressed in our home.

#303 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 PM

I shared the link on my facebook page

#304 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 08:02 PM

The main reason I homeschool is to give my children the gift of more unstructured creative time to help them expand their imaginations (and I get to enjoy them more)! 

#305 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 PM

I shared the contest on Facebook!

#306 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 PM

I will homeschool so that my boys will be able to learn according to their own pace!

#307 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 PM

Shared on fb!

#308 of 597 Old 01-22-2013, 11:21 PM

I homeschool so my children can learn at their own pace, focus on their passions, choose the classes they are excited about, and have lots of time to play and be children without the pressure of homework, early mornings, or tests and grades

#309 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 03:26 AM

My daughter will start kindergarten in the fall. Homeschooling is the way to ensure her educational success.

#310 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 AM

Why homeschool? To inspire and foster a love of learning, instead of hampering it!

#311 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 AM

I want to homeschool our child(ren) because I want their lives to have a rhythm that makes sense.  I want to enjoy and teach peace and respect while educating, and know that my child(ren) are not subject so early to the pressures of consumerism, media and peers, nor bound by the pace of the public school day or curriculum offerings. I enjoy being with my child and think that homeschooling is a great way to keep relating to and influencing/guiding my child as he grows.   

Thanks for the chance to win!

Married to P and mama to DS (1/09)blahblah.gifand DD  (09/13 babygirl.gif). I'm into friends and family, gardening, exercise, yoga, reading, knitting, photos, traditional foods, breastfeeding, home birth, babywearing, and much more. 
#312 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 05:43 AM

Shared on Facebook! thumbsup.gif

Married to P and mama to DS (1/09)blahblah.gifand DD  (09/13 babygirl.gif). I'm into friends and family, gardening, exercise, yoga, reading, knitting, photos, traditional foods, breastfeeding, home birth, babywearing, and much more. 
#313 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 06:45 AM

My family decided to homeschool because we felt it was the greatest gift we could give our children. The gift of family unity and truly see that life is a living educational opportunity that humanity breathes in daily. We all are in the process of creating and designing our own molds.
#314 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 AM

My children are 9, 6 and 2.  When my eldest was 4 we sent him to a Waldorf nursery school two mornings a week.  It never felt right to me dropping him off to be in someone else's care, as we do attachment parenting.  At the same time, I was reading more about homeschooling (actually, many school types via the Mothering Natural Family Living Book).  As my son would be 5 over the summer and if he were to continue at the local Waldorf school he would have had to increase his school days to 5 days a week, which we knew would be too much for all of us.  The real eye opener occurred though one winter morning when I was rushing around to get him out the door to his nursery class.  He was pointing out some birds in our yard and I told him that we did not have time to look at birds, we were running late.  Ironically, when we arrived to his school his class was lined up to take a walk and look at birds.  That was when I truly knew I did not need to be rushing around at 8 a.m. to get him out the door, I could easily provide a similar, less hurried experience at home.

Now when I talk about homeschooling to people who either do not understand what we are doing or want to know more about homeschooling, I tell them it really is a lifestyle choice.  Kids really do learn so much just by living.  There are so many opportunities to learn when you are not confined to one school, one classroom, day after day.  My three boys are so close to each other, yes there is sibling rivalry, but at the end of the day, the 9 year old and 6 year old sleep together and do not want it any other way. Homeschooling is really all about family. 

#315 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 07:04 AM

I home school because my kids aren't one size fits all! They are individuals with different interest and learning styles. They are also involved in activities and sports that require a lot of training and time. Home schooling allows them to finish their studies early in the day and be able to pursue their interest.
#316 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 AM

We homeschool so we can taylor our two girls' educations to be exactly what they need. What a privilege that is!
#317 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 07:08 AM

Shared on FB smile.gif
#318 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 AM

Why homeschool? 

To protect the inner child. To help our children be lifelong learners!

#319 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 08:12 AM

We homeschool because we believe that the greatest learning takes place through freedom to play, explore, pursue interests, and master day-to-day activities.  There is value in everything that children do, every game, every project, every mess... and we encourage this by creating an environment in our home that is conducive to constant learning.  We also believe that the best place for learning social cues and skills in the early years is within the safety and security of the family.  Our children are a constant testament to the fact that homeschooling has been the best decision for our family.  They are both happy, bright, voracious readers, always building and creating, always asking questions and seeking answers, always helping and teaching each other.  

#320 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 AM

Why Homeschool?

Some of our reasons for choosing to homeschool are: to teach my kids at their own pace and spend more time with them.  And also to allow more time for extracurricular activities that they are interested in, but still have time for family.

thanks.gif

#321 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 08:15 AM

Shared on FB!  :)

#322 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 08:18 AM

I enjoy spending time with my daughter. I want her education to be tailored to her needs and also have the flexibility to study subjects of interest to her and be able to travel as a family.
#323 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 08:19 AM

I shared it on my facebook page :) 

#324 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 08:22 AM

Shared on my Facebook page. Thanks!
#325 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM

We are homeschooling because I want my children to be able to make rational decisions and have a thought process instead of being trained to go with the flow and just blindly accept what educators tell them is correct. 

#326 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 08:35 AM

We homeschool because we want to spend time together as a family.  We enjoy being together and want to be able to spend quality time engaging as a family.  We also want our children to be able to engage their own interests without following a standardized curriculum. 

#327 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 08:37 AM

I homeschool because I truly enjoy being with my children.  They used to go to school, and I really missed them.  Other moms thought I was crazy (schooling moms), but I really loved days off when we could just "be."  I love to read to them and sit outside for hours.  I like being in control of my own time.

#328 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 AM

I would like to 'relearn' with my kids and just spend my days with them.  Currently, I work full time.  I only have one child in public school at the moment and my husband is becoming more and more convinced that we could really home school.  I like the idea that our family could be closer and that we would have our own routine.  I like the idea that they would learn according to what interests them and not what they are 'supposed' to learn.  Thank you for the giveaway :)

Mama to Ahnna-Bella (Dec 05) dust.gif, Harrison (Oct 08) kid.gif, and Kellan Wilder (Jan '12) baby.gif

#329 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 AM

I shared the link on my facebook page!

#330 of 597 Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 AM

I homeschool for many reasons:  To nurture my children, to give them a quality education tailor-made for them, to spend time with my children, to give them opportunities and a worldview that they would not get at school.

Tags
Learning Resources , Education , Homeschooling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page