Mothering Forum banner

Enter to Win a Homeschool Curriculum and Gift Basket from Oak Meadow!

16K views 595 replies 396 participants last post by  Jawil 
#1 ·

This giveaway is closed. Thank you to everyone who entered and to Oak Meadow Curriculum and School for the wonderful prizes!

The randomly chosen winner of the curriculum is Mothering member "mra" and the winner of the gift basket is member "Patternfall." You will both be contacted through your member profiles. Congrats!!

Enter to Win this Great Giveaway from Oak Meadow Curriculum and School!

First Prize: A complete homeschool curriculum package for one PreK-8 grade of your choice (value: $120-$420). Winner of the Best-of-Mothering award, Oak Meadow's uniquely creative curriculum includes assignments that ask children to read, write, and think, and also to paint, draw, play music, write poetry, and build things, encouraging balanced and healthy development.

Second Prize: A gift basket inspired by our latest Arts In Education journal. Includes these Oak Meadow Bookstore bestsellers: The Heart of Learning, Book of Nature Crafts, Main Lesson Book Kit, Beeswax Crayons, Modeling Beeswax (Value: $90).

To Enter:

1) If you haven't already, please make sure you http://www.facebook.com/oakmeadow"like" Oak Meadow on Facebook and are a fan of http://www.facebook.com/mothering.magazineMothering on our Facebook page.

2) Post your own answer to the question "Why homeschool?" on this thread. For inspiration, be sure to visit Oak Meadow's NEW VIDEO featuring homeschooling families and students. (Note: your answer could be included in a future issue of Oak Meadow's popular Living Education Journal).

3) Your name will be entered a second time if you share this blog post and leave a second comment letting us know that you did!

About Oak Meadow:

An Oak Meadow curriculum package offers a full year's worth of engaging assignments, creative projects, and uniquely flexible weekly lesson plans. If you're looking for some homeschool inspiration, you'll love their hands-on math projects, out-of-the-ordinary science experiments, and writing challenges that spark the imagination.

In addition to purchasing Oak Meadow curriculum, families also have the option to enroll in Oak Meadow School for a fully accredited distance learning experience with expert faculty support and official school transcripts.

To find out if Oak Meadow is right for you, you can review grade-specific curriculum samples or call 802-251-7250 to speak with a friendly and knowledgeable Oak Meadow Educational Counselor.

Rules:

This giveaway runs until Jan 30, 2013. Please read the full rules before entry.

See less See more
#52 ·
"Why homeschool?"???

Well I want to homeschool because my 3rd child is having a hard time in school. She used to LOVE school, which is why we never homeschooled before, but this year is not good. The teacher is teaching for the state test and not for enrichment of the children. My daughter is is begging for more and is not getting it, it is not happening when I ask either. So we will homeschool her as soon as this school year is over. She will be in the 4th grade and will be my first homeschooled child (my 6th and 9th grader LOVE school and are thriving so we will keep them where they are). My 4 year old currently LOVES her preschool and we will see where we are next year.

So overall "why homeschool?", because it is right for my child.

Mariah

#54 ·
Why homeschool? To meet their individual needs. To bring art and music into their lives. To include travel as curriculum. To celebrate the seasons through our education. To allow them to learn at their own pace. To allow them to follow their own interests.

#65 ·
I feel homeschooling is important because your children are important. I don't want to miss their first words, or first steps. Why would I want to miss the first time they write their name, or figure out a math problem. I want to inspire them. Homeschooling nurtures a love of learning and allows you to share in that with your child. Not having to share that time with an entire class of people allows your child to move at their own pace and explore further the subjects they love.

#68 ·
When I was pregnant with my third son, my first two were in public school. We had already been disappointed by bullying by both kids as well as a teacher who had no business teaching young children as she had no patience with them. I was working out if I could do it, when my kids asked if they could homeschool. Not because of the bullying, but because they wanted to be home with me and the baby. We've continued to homeschool because I know they get a richer, more varied experience at home.

#69 ·
We are homeschooling because we want to teach our children at their own pace at the level that is appropriate for them. We want to be sure that they are able to spend plenty of time experiencing what interests them most. I also love that we can spend more time with our children while they are so young. Thank you for the opportunity to win this giveaway!

#71 ·
We homeschool because we thought this would be the best way to meet their needs! My oldest has a sensory disorder and school is not the best match for him. Oak Medow meets everyone's needs! And thanks to you, my son is learning art, even though he used to not like it!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.