Mothering Forum banner

Enter to Win a Homeschool Curriculum and Gift Basket from Oak Meadow!

16K views 595 replies 396 participants last post by  Jawil 
#1 ·

This giveaway is closed. Thank you to everyone who entered and to Oak Meadow Curriculum and School for the wonderful prizes!

The randomly chosen winner of the curriculum is Mothering member "mra" and the winner of the gift basket is member "Patternfall." You will both be contacted through your member profiles. Congrats!!

Enter to Win this Great Giveaway from Oak Meadow Curriculum and School!

First Prize: A complete homeschool curriculum package for one PreK-8 grade of your choice (value: $120-$420). Winner of the Best-of-Mothering award, Oak Meadow's uniquely creative curriculum includes assignments that ask children to read, write, and think, and also to paint, draw, play music, write poetry, and build things, encouraging balanced and healthy development.

Second Prize: A gift basket inspired by our latest Arts In Education journal. Includes these Oak Meadow Bookstore bestsellers: The Heart of Learning, Book of Nature Crafts, Main Lesson Book Kit, Beeswax Crayons, Modeling Beeswax (Value: $90).

To Enter:

1) If you haven't already, please make sure you http://www.facebook.com/oakmeadow"like" Oak Meadow on Facebook and are a fan of http://www.facebook.com/mothering.magazineMothering on our Facebook page.

2) Post your own answer to the question "Why homeschool?" on this thread. For inspiration, be sure to visit Oak Meadow's NEW VIDEO featuring homeschooling families and students. (Note: your answer could be included in a future issue of Oak Meadow's popular Living Education Journal).

3) Your name will be entered a second time if you share this blog post and leave a second comment letting us know that you did!

About Oak Meadow:

An Oak Meadow curriculum package offers a full year's worth of engaging assignments, creative projects, and uniquely flexible weekly lesson plans. If you're looking for some homeschool inspiration, you'll love their hands-on math projects, out-of-the-ordinary science experiments, and writing challenges that spark the imagination.

In addition to purchasing Oak Meadow curriculum, families also have the option to enroll in Oak Meadow School for a fully accredited distance learning experience with expert faculty support and official school transcripts.

To find out if Oak Meadow is right for you, you can review grade-specific curriculum samples or call 802-251-7250 to speak with a friendly and knowledgeable Oak Meadow Educational Counselor.

Rules:

This giveaway runs until Jan 30, 2013. Please read the full rules before entry.

See less See more
#2 ·
Why homeschool?

I want to be able to spend more time with my children and I also want to be more in control of what and how they learn. All kids are different and tailoring a learning approach that works for them just makes sense. Thanks for the chance to win!

#4 ·
We homeschool for several reasons. We love an organic learning environment, more relaxed if you will, and there aren't Waldorf inspired school options in our area. We have a unique schedule and love that we can work homeschooling around that. We honestly can't get enough time with our son. We grow and learn right along with him, learn more about him everyday, and are able to create a beautiful rythym to our family life.

#7 ·
I homeschool my kids because I think that there is more to learn than what is taught in the four walls of a public school. My four year old is blowing through the material taught in kindergarten - in a public school, she's be ignored as the rest of her class caught up to her. That in itself is my best reason to homeschool.

#8 ·
To give my children the educational opportunities they deserve. As a former public school teacher I know that there are too many demands and restrictions in a traditional classroom setting. I want to raose children who know themselves and can follow their own hearts and interests. The individualized approach and the ability to let the child guide their education really speaks to me. Also, spending time as a family and protecting my children from public school socialization. Really, homeschooling is just a continuation of the involved, engaged, attached parenting I work towards.

#11 ·
Why homeschool? I want to be the primary influence in my child's life. I want to challenge him, see what he's learning and help him along in a way that a teacher teaching 25 kids at once cannot. I want him to experience life hands on, not just through a book or computer screen.

#19 ·
We homeschool because I enjoy nothing more than watching my children's faces light up when they learn something new, are inspired to try something different, or show me a completed project with such pride on their little faces. I love spending time with them and appreciate the daily opportunities we have to grow together.

#20 ·
I shared this on my page & FB wall.

I homeschool my two boys aged 8 & 10. I do this beacuse I want them to have a quiet, spirit, creative, home & nature centered experience of growing up. They also participate in music and a serious choir, so homeschool gives us flexibility to also have other activities at times, free time, and educational time.

We do not watch TV and I am careful with what media they are exposed to. They are heavily involved in the life of their baby sister, and all three are very close.

It is a lovely way to build harmony in the family.

#22 ·
We chose to homeschool because we wanted to allow our children to learn at their own pace...following interests and taking more time on subjects if they wanted. We wanted the flexibility to be able to take field trips that would help cement a subject that we were studying. Making sure that we could integrate our faith into their education was integral in our decision as well. On a selfish note...I love homeschooling because I get to be the one most of the time to see my child "get it", what a great experience that is!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.