live ed or bearth institute ? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 02-19-2013, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am a hs mother of 6 ages 4 months, 5, 7 8, and 10 yrs.  I am trying to simplify every aspect of our daily rhythm as we also operate a CSA and goat milk share program on our farm. 

I have been specifically looking at live ed or bearth to help with lesson planning. We have been using Enki and it was a great fit for my eldest, but It feels forced and a bit of overkill with my next two children(first and second grade).  I think they need a program that does not have so many philosophies mixed together.  Enki math is especially getting to be too confusing.

So, My question is can I use live ed as an outline without getting burnt out? Knowing that I might not cover everything or use it exactly as they planned.  It seems like people either love or hate live ed.  I like that it has some lessons planned but no daily schedule-I feel like if I got behind on a daily schedule it would leave me always playing catch up. 

Or is bearth organized enough to help out?  Has anyone used the upper grades guides from her?  I have only seen reviews of her Kindy programs.  I like what I she has, but I am afraid that it is too scattered to be helpful. I also like that she has Arabic lessons.  Has anyone used the Arabic?  Are the three study units all the Arabic that is included in the Lifetime membership? 

I have looked at Christopherus and it just does not seem to inspire me-maybe I am missing something.  My eldest is very cerebral and my second grader is VERY artistic- so it just seems like live ed would be a better fit in terms of meeting both.

I know that there is not going to be any one magical fit!

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Tags
Homeschooling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page