Charlotte Mason/Toddler book list - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am trying to learn about the Charlotte Mason method but have had little time to read about it yet.  What I'm mostly desiring at this point is a good book list that may be a long the Charlotte Mason ideas for reading to children.  Maybe there really isn't a book list per se,....  but maybe there is one that a lot of Charlotte Mason fans prefer?  I just want to have a list for when we go to the library or when I go to book sales to try and find some really good quality books that maybe I wouldn't think of myself.  Anyone??

#2 of 3 Old 03-27-2013, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I don't follow charlotte mason in particular, but I do like some of the principles and this is a great site I found in some of my research with booklists-not sure there is one for toddlers specifically, but there is a "year 0" one and lots for older kids. 

http://www.amblesideonline.org/curriculum.shtml

and here is one for toddlers!

http://simplycharlottemason.com/planning/eyguide/eyreadalouds/

good luck!

Single mama namaste.gif to dd dust.gifand ds fencing.gif, loving my dsd always reading.gif .
#3 of 3 Old 03-30-2013, 04:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I utilize the booklists at www.sonlight.com. It is a HIGHLY Christian site, though a huge number of their books are secular. And such great books they are. You can go onto ebay and type in sonlight and people advertise their books because a sonlight recommendation is a good sign. 

I usually go to amazon and read about the books before I buy them to weed out the religious stuff that doesn't work for our family. I'm not against my kids learning about religions, I just find the ones they use are too much for us.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Tags
Homeschooling , Learning Resources

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page