New to the forum - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-07-2013, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, all.  We are a homeschooling family, and I am so excited to find this area of the forum.  I have two boys (7 1/2 and 4 1/2) and a little girl (20 months).  Our middle child is going to preschool outside of the home, and I am so excited to bring him home for kindergarten.  We will jump right in as soon as preschool ends at the end of April.  We follow the Classical Method as our general framework, but we dabble in Montessori, Charlotte Mason, and Waldorf with a good dose of Unschooling.  I guess that makes us eclectic. smile.gif

I'm excited to connect with you.

Emaye likes this.

~Erica, Cory, Fletcher, Jonah, and Charlotte :: knit.gifhomeschool.gifteapot2.GIFwinner.jpgblogging.jpg www.warmaspie.wordpress.com

Expecting Blessing #4 - December 2013  pos.gif
#2 of 3 Old 04-07-2013, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

greet.gif

We brought our son home for the Pre-K year.  He would now be ending 3rd grade.  SO. MUCH. HAS. CHANGED!!!  I could probably pull up some of my own old threads in this forum and have a good chuckle!

We are now semi-unschooly, Charlotte Mason-ish with a splash of academia (because I have a math/science head that wants to learn calc... so he is  dizzy.gif ).

Our 4yo dd would be entering pre-k this fall (she turns 5 in Nov) and we've solidly put that to bed.  I'm considering Five In A Row for her (which was a solid fail for the boy-child)

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#3 of 3 Old 04-08-2013, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We do our own version of Five in a Row.  It's fun.  The book lists are free on the official Five in a Row website, and I've found that the internet is absolutely full of activities for most of the books.  We enjoy it with all three kids!

When we first started homeschooling, I thought that I would send my daughter to Pre-K when the time comes, but that is a solid NO now.  We are having way too much fun right now.

I love your "seeing stars" smiley.  The head-spinning is exactly how I feel much of the time.

:)  Erica

~Erica, Cory, Fletcher, Jonah, and Charlotte :: knit.gifhomeschool.gifteapot2.GIFwinner.jpgblogging.jpg www.warmaspie.wordpress.com

Expecting Blessing #4 - December 2013  pos.gif

Tags
Homeschooling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page