Mothering Forum banner

Winner Selected! Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!!

15K views 507 replies 333 participants last post by  Melanie Mayo 
#1 ·

This giveaway has ended. Thank you to everyone who took part and to Oak Meadow for offering this wonderful giveaway! Don't forget to check out their awesome curriculum and school.

The randomly chosen winner is Margaritaa, you will be contacted through Mothering PM. Congrats!!!

---

Mothering and Oak Meadow have teamed up again to bring you an incredible giveaway and the brand new (and free!) issue of Oak Meadow's online journal: Living Education, dedicated to Sustainable Living and Learning. See the bottom of this post for your free issue!

The prize:

Win a complete homeschool curriculum package for one PreK-8 grade of your choice (value: $120-$420).

Winner of our community selected Best of Mothering award for Homeschooling, Oak Meadow's uniquely creative curriculum includes assignments that ask children to read, write, and think, and also to paint, draw, play music, write poetry, and build things, encouraging balanced and healthy development.

To enter:

1. If you haven't already, please make sure you "like" Oak Meadow on Facebook and are a fan of Mothering on our Facebook page.

2. Visit these Practical Tips for Simple Living and post which "tips" inspire or motivate you on this thread. You can also post your own ideas! You can share as many ideas as you like but please do so in one single post.

For a second entry:

Share this giveaway with friends and create a new post on this thread letting us know that you did!

Last day to enter is May 27th! We will draw a winner at random on that day and announce the lucky person's name on or about May 28th. Two entries per person only, one for posting your tips and one for sharing this giveaway with friends and posting a second time.

Be sure to read the Terms and Conditions before you participate. Good luck!

Do you practice sustainability as a family?

Are you teaching your child that it's important to look out, not just for ourselves, but for the wellbeing of others, the Earth, and future generations?

Our friends at Oak Meadow have dedicated their latest issue of Living Education to Sustainable Living and Learning. When it comes to teaching our children to step lightly and lovingly on this earth, this comprehensive collection of articles, stories, activities, and resources will motivate, inform, and inspire. Happy reading!

See less See more
#258 ·
Hi! Thanks for sharing all these tips :) We do most of them and this year the big lesson learned: Drop time limits and let learning happen at its own pace.

We have been homeschooling since the beginning and I never felt the pressure I had this year to make sure we were all 'caught up'. We live in a state that we have to report via doing a Portfolio and I guess that was part of the reason. My goal for next year is to be a master planner and allow for learning to happen on its own within the boundaries of the yearly themes. A lesson by lesson curriculum would really help me with this :)

Thanks again!

#261 ·
Love these tips! I'm printing this out to hold onto. We just created our first vegetable garden from seed and are so excited to watch it grow. My other favorite idea on this post was a sanctuary space. My daughter created one of her own in her walk-in closet and I'm thinking of creating one in a nook for myself. Thanks!

#263 ·
I am dissapointed that we do not do as many things as I would like on this list and some would be difficult for us to implement as a family. On the other hand, I am happy to see just how many things we already do or are things I have been planning to start.

At this reading, the two which I find most inspiring are:
"Share news good and bad."
and the idea of posting a wonder board. (Really, I suppose, I already have a little something like this; I have notepad files on the desktop of my computer and there I jot down such questions that the children ask and which require some research.)

#272 ·
I'm so glad I came across this. We raise ducks guineas and chickens for their eggs. We buy used clothes and upcycle like crazy. We are a crafty family. For family togetherness we play games, swim, and we make our own movies starring the kids and daddy using a Star Wars/ Indiana Jones theme. Its a future hope to have our own cow for milking.
joy.gif

#276 ·
so many to choose from!

Wander together

Wonder together (post a "wonder board" where everyone adds notes like "I wonder why…" or "What would happen if…"-answers are not as important as the questions)

Follow interests and weave academics around these interests

Integrate art and encourage creative interpretations of what is being studied

Create a sanctuary spot that you know will always be clean, neat, and welcoming

Relax in your sanctuary spot for a little while each day

Ask for help when you need it, and accept help graciously when offered

Make music or art together or dance together

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.