Mothering Forum banner

How to explain to 2 year old

Tags
education
529 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AAK 
#1 ·
We will be ended daycare in January. I will be teaching her at home after that. How do we explain to a two year old that she won't be going to school anymore?

#2 ·
I think you can just tell her that she gets to stay with you! Do fun things at home to make the transition easier.... story time at the library etc.

Not the same, but when we stopped gymnastics when dd2 was 2.25, I just told her to say goodbye to her teacher... it was really a non issue for us.

We moved when dd1 was 2.5 and while she still talks about wanting to play with her friends, it was never a problem. I would acknowledge her feelings and we would sometimes write a letter or something. See if you can still have playdates with her favorites.

Good luck!

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMama View Post

I think you can just tell her that she gets to stay with you! Do fun things at home to make the transition easier.... story time at the library etc.

Not the same, but when we stopped gymnastics when dd2 was 2.25, I just told her to say goodbye to her teacher... it was really a non issue for us.

We moved when dd1 was 2.5 and while she still talks about wanting to play with her friends, it was never a problem. I would acknowledge her feelings and we would sometimes write a letter or something. See if you can still have playdates with her favorites.

Good luck!
Exactly! It should work out fine. If she has a best friend, make playdates. If not, go to activities around your area. Make sure there is some time during the day where you read to her, play with playdoh, go for a walk, etc. She will have had a lot of stimulation with all the people at a facility. So, home may seem super quiet at first. However, most toddlers really like to spend time with mommy!

Amy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.