Why did you choose to homeschool? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-10-2013, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Love to hear your reason behind the decision to homeschool your children!
#2 of 6 Old 09-10-2013, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son really hates being separated from family, and is a very active learner. He has insisted on homeschooling since the topics began to come up around age two.

He's never been to daycare, preschool, or any classes where his little sis and I couldn't stay. Neither has his little sis.

He is 5, by the way. DD is 2. Since DS has exhibited an ability to read, write and do math well above grade level, it seems forcing him into kindergarten would be quite a disservice.

It took awhile to get DH on board with homeschooling, but he's now fully supportive, even of unschooling.
#3 of 6 Old 09-11-2013, 01:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#4 of 6 Old 09-11-2013, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

There have been several threads very recently on this same line. I guess everyone's thing about it!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1387918/why-do-you-homeschool

Posted in this August thread.  I'll quote it in a sec.  My editor isn't liking my clever shortcuts today.

Quote:

Freedom-- freedom from some things, freedom to do others, freedom of time, all kinds of freedom.

I had all other kinds of reasons to want to start, but what makes me happy and keeps us going is just this.

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#5 of 6 Old 09-11-2013, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

My reasons have changed over the years but essentially my square peg wont fit into a round hole. ;)

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#6 of 6 Old 09-16-2013, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

My DS (who isn ow 5) was having too many issues at daycare. They had us so stressed out with having a very active little one that they almost convinced us something was wrong with him. After telling them to go 'screw themselves' (sorry!) Hubby and I enrolled him in a home schooling Christian based program that my aunt suggested. It was absolutely the best decision we ever made. He is THRIVING and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

there are about 7 kids in the program and the teacher was a math major plus she also tutors all the way to college. My kid is so far ahead of where the kindergarteners  are in public school and I couldn't be prouder. We are seriously considering leaving him in her program for 1st grade as well. 

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (5)
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014 ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com

Tags
Homeschooling , Education , Unschooling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page