Homeschooling entrepreneur needs workout accountability partner - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-30-2013, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So yes. I DO think I can do it all. I home school my 6 & 8 year old kiddos. I'm pretending to (but want to for real) ramp up my business (writing patient newsletters for doctors), I have a very part time job (teaching childbirth classes), and once a year I fancy myself a novelist for NaNoWriMo. But I need to exercise, too.

My mom was my first chosen accountability partner for working out - since she needs to, too - but she's slacking off and clearly thinks that there's no way I can do it all. So that's just not so helpful to me!

I'd love to have an accountability partner who believes that it can all be managed (I can envision the life, so surely I can live it). And if that person were another homeschooling, home-working mama, all the better! 

Today I got back on the horse. Worked out before anyone woke up. Made a green smoothie. Did nearly all of the lessons I had set out to do. And got some work done. See? So possible. And I feel great about today! I just need some reminders every now and then and the possible swift kick in the rear to make it happen.

Any takers?  I can help you conquer the world, too.... :)

Nici

#2 of 4 Old 09-30-2013, 10:13 PM

In the Fitness and Weight Management forum a bunch of us are doing an 8 week challenge. You might want to join. It's already started but you could join and not be on a team, we'll support you anyway!

I manage to exercise regularly BUT...my kids are old enough to be left home alone for a while and we live right on miles of trails so I don't have to drive anywhere - I can walk, run, or cycle right from my front door and stay "in the 'hood".

But yes, life is still very busy as I too do part time work and fitting it all in can be a challenge!  

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#3 of 4 Old 10-01-2013, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Piglet68, I didn't even realize there WAS an exercising forum (and why wouldn't there be?).

I'd love to join at group like that and will look into it more since you mentioned I wouldn't be on a team (no desire to lose weight anyway...just gain muscle and ability!).

Nic

#4 of 4 Old 10-04-2013, 12:43 PM

I would be game! I am homeschooling, work very part time (Etsy shop and sell on eBay) and do crossfit workouts at home. I had been doing really well in both working out and eating paleo, but then went on vacation and had a sick baby to care for. I'm getting back on track but could use motivation! Like you I am working out to build strength and stamina.

Tags
Homeschooling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page