Something like facebook/pinterest for younger kids? Any ideas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-17-2013, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I'd like to be able to "pin" stuff to a board for my kids to look at. I don't necessarily want the community aspects or timesuck that is pinterest. Its really, when I think of something they might like to do or try, I'd like to pin it somewhere for them to see. Right now they have pinterest boards, but I have to log them in for them to use it. One option would be for them to have their own pinterest boards...but then I can't pin to them, without them logging in, and that's a bit of a pain. 

I spend way, way more time on the internet than they do. They just haven't really got the idea that they can nose around for ideas and stuff on it and the only thing they use it for independently is minecraft youtube stuff. 

At the same time I think they'd also like some kind of forum to talk with other kids, but with a making stuff bent.

They love DIY.org but it has no forums and I can't post ideas for them...

I suppose the obvious option is a shared Pinterest board...just wondering if there might be anything a bit slicker?

I'm actually thinking that the kind of visual parent-child communication thing I'm talking about would be really quite helpful for non-unschooling HSers too, so I am wondering if there might be something out there?

Raising Geek_Generation_2.0 :LET ds= 10 ; LET dd1= ds - 2; LET dd2=dd-2; IF month=0.67 THEN LET ds = ds+1; 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-19-2013, 06:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I think pinterest allows you to add contributors to boards, so that they can pin to yours and you to theirs, without them being logged in.

I like a site called Learnist. It's like pinterest, but it's educationally inclined, and it allows you to add collaborators to add things to the boards.

pacificcheryl and Fillyjonk like this.

Tags
Homeschooling , Education , Learning Resources , Unschooling

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page