Montessori Language Arts Curriculum - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-03-2013, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm interested in homeschooling my daughter next year, she'll be starting kindergarten. There are so many wonderful ideas/methods to teaching young children and I've been using a mix to teach her already. I'm starting to look into purchasing curriculum for next year now so I will have time to prepare. I've found some lovely Waldorf curriculum I think I'm going to use mostly, but I've used a lot of Montessori methods for phonics and letters, and she has responded really beautifully. However, most of what I've done is just research on internet or get from library books, and while I've found great individual lessons I have not found anything with a complete overview. I was hoping to find some Montessori curriculum books that would tell me the order to teach the pink series, blends, digraphs, blue series, etc. I just want to make sure I teach her in the right order and don't leave out anything. If anyone could point me to a book on Montessori language curriculum that would be great!

#2 of 5 Old 11-11-2013, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Try to see if you can look up, there was this great site,  I can't remember what they are called. Something about Montessori teacher folder/ file. It was all online the whole curriculum the only thing I remember (SIGH GASP) was it was a an Asian looikng lady.. no help. will try to find it.

Ah they are called Montessori Teaching Albums, every teacher is "expected" to have on :P

This site has a lit of some that are available online:

http://thelittlelist.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/free-montessori-albums-teachers-guides/

#3 of 5 Old 11-11-2013, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This was the one I was thinking about:

http://faculty.fullerton.edu/syen/mts/_link.htm

It looks like a plain site but after 3 years I still thinks ITS AMAZING.

a) it's all in order (i.e. what to "teach" first)

b) super easy to print + she gives the real name of the activity that you can then Google and see how other teachers do it or adapt it or see a video on the presentations. Hope this helps!

#4 of 5 Old 11-14-2013, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thank you for the reply I'll definitely check out that website!

#5 of 5 Old 11-14-2013, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Neat o.

Tags
Homeschooling , Education , Learning Resources

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page