Balancing Act - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2014, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey there fellow mamas!

I'm new to this forum but would love some thoughts on my plans...

My family is getting ready to make the transition to me being a HS mom full-time in a few months.  I currently work full-time out of the home.  Our ds is nearly 5 and is at a daycare during the day now.  I have two (small-time) businesses that haven't as yet provided much in the way of an income and I've been considering taking one or two children in for daycare.  I know that I will have a lot on my plate, but I also don't want to put my family in a bad place financially.  Any thoughts?

*My two businesses are:

"A Novel Idea Books and Miscellany" (I create custom, personalized memory books for people, as well as making candles,  soaps, bath salts, and lotions)

"Blackthorn Farm" (I have a large organic garden and chickens and I sell produce and eggs along with fruit from our small orchard, to a few local customers and at two local farmers markets)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2014, 11:31 AM

I love that you have a farm-- what about running an educational program for pre-k that incorporates your children as well.  I know if there was something like that here I would totally join and pay the dues...I think lots of SAHM look for opportunities like that...

Old 02-19-2014, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

That is an excellent idea!  Thank you!  I will definitely look into something like that.  I really love the idea of bringing more awareness to people about where there food comes from.

Tags
Homeschooling
User Tag List